Saturn's Shop Shenanigans

Welcome to my humble abode. This is where I spend most my time sleeping, computering, and building… among other things. Let’s dig in!

Here is where the action happens. The things that occur here aren’t exactly groundbreaking but it’s honest work. Key points include the mini traffic cone, mason jar of zip ties, and candles. I still need an old shop stool to tie the place together as well as more stickers. Boxes and padded envelopes underneath as well as some charging devices. Re-used recyclable trash bag to the left.

Rifling through the drawers you can see all the crap I’m here to show off. Top one has the tools and so forth.

Below that are adhesives and soldering/sanding equipment.

Below that are general parts and brushes and battery supplies as well as paints.

Even lower and there’s the misc parts (less cool) than above and clamps + frit

The deep bottom ones contain wheels and batteries in the left, and tapes in the right. Also more batteries.

Hidden in the closet are misc bolts and so forth. Most of the hardware you need to get around town + fun things. :fire:

Now where I spend most of my time; including where I’m typing this up right now! Lots of good hours have been wasted here.

More board storage in front of the workbench. Riding gear is in the backpack

Stay tuned for developments and day to day projects.

26 Likes

Damn bro I don’t understand how anybody can work in such a clean and organised work space :joy:

15 Likes

I was thinking that same thing with the drawers…if I took pictures of my space right now it would be horrible.

But @Saturn, you’ve inspired me to spend some time in the garage cleaning tomorrow

6 Likes

I cleaned up a little beforehand. I’ve been keeping organized though which helps. Have some wires to solder eventually.

4 Likes

Right!?! i mean (4) quick-grips and ZERO beer cans?!? even @Linny has the aroma of pakalolo we can smell in each one of his images.

7 Likes

I have a weed scented candle for when doing soldering work

7 Likes

“candle”

and @wandagoner has pizza scented aftershave

4 Likes

I can see both bench space and floorspace. This is unacceptable in my books.

6 Likes

Then I should take pictures of my garage. Maybe I’ll start a thread tomorrow and show progress of me getting it back to “normal”

6 Likes

That would be much appreciated. I know what its like though, you feel all warm and fuzzy inside now that it’s clean so you decide to work on something…

BOOM

Instant disaster zone.

5 Likes

Super Jelly on the Husky. Tuned in!

5 Likes

I’d love to have such a workbench.
Very nice and organized :ok_hand:

6 Likes

Fucking seriously. Teach us your ways @Saturn

6 Likes

sTEP 1: turn off caps lock

Step 2: don’t buy a lot of shit

Step 3: put what shit you have away nicely

Step 5: clean up slightly before taking photos

Step 6: ???

Step 8: profit

11 Likes

What fucking planet are you from dude?

5 Likes

eARTH i Think.

5 Likes

Your steps to profit boggle my mind. Perhaps this is why I never profit :thinking::thinking::thinking:

6 Likes

It do be like that tho

7 Likes

Just some charging. Need to bring over the DC converter for more juice capabilities but it’s kinda big

9 Likes

Reassembling the drivetrain. Mounts got slightly loose because of a few spacers so I removed a couple.

Gotta be careful with cracked carbon fiber. Got a couple pieces in my fingers. They came out.

I think it’s time for gloves, even just to keep off the grease and grime

9 Likes