Scandahooligan's Noobish Corner of Scallawaggery

I’ve heard this before. Congrats on the power success.

3 Likes

This was the absolute worst. It took 15+ tries typing the command for the FW update to take, let alone all the driver hoops to jump through prior. But alas, it’s done and working proper :partying_face:. My battery that has been chilling for months without any balancing is sitting quite healthy.

This is somewhat the final configuration minus the puck transmitter/core and some wire/vibration management. I’m a little concerned about the balance wires next to the esc, so I plan on putting glue/silicone around the trouble spots then add a split loom wire sleeve around. Bms will either get a printed case or clear heatshrink. Mr60s will go into a custom bunghole that @poastoast CADed up for me.

The whole time I was sanding this, I had a voice in my head saying “its just a skateboard, wtf are you doing”.
Guess I got an idea in my head and couldn’t stop it. If it doesn’t work out I’ll just bed liner over it.
I don’t think the resin will set in time tonight for fabric, so just gonna dis/re assemble the drives with proper loctite. Then go at the fabric tomorrow.
:beers:

8 Likes

DIY madness sets in!

3 Likes

Are you planning on skinning the enclosure?

2 Likes

Not the whole thing. Just that white bit. Not super confident it will turn out, can always paint over it.
My tb40 abs enclosure needs reinforcement though…

2 Likes

What’s the plan for the rest (around the fabric skinned part? Clear coat? Bedliner?

2 Likes

Bedliner, then mess with mica powders/pigments to make accents in the eboosted grooves, maybe not that order. Trying to decide what order would be best for easier masking.
Bright green Mica comes on Sunday, well see what it looks like.
I’d rather not clearcoat the Bedliner, and if so get some matte stuff. Only have gloss on hand.

2 Likes

We’ll fucking see eh?

Plan is to cut the excess with a SHArP blade in the morning while it’s still “green” then one more coat of reain🤷‍♂️
( I put it on backwards initially and brought it upstairs to show the misses :rofl:)glad I caught it when I’d did

4 Likes

Nice dude! Keen to see the end result :ok_hand:

4 Likes

My weekend was less productive than I wanted, but still got a few things done between beer, skating and learning how to smoke some :meat_on_bone:.
This turned out well enough I think.

Practiced some bed liner spaying. I’m happy enough with it for the enclosure. Not sold on it for the bottom of the deck, but may get the fuck-its and go with it anyway. Tested a couple masking techniques and feel I need to de-mask while wet.
Gonna get first coats on tonight. Then more tomorrow.

Did some tests with mica powder. Think it will go well. Gonna grab some pink so it’s not overly green(sorry @Linny).

Time for first swim of the year in my white trash back yard haven

10 Likes

I feel like you’re missing a real opportunity.

4 Likes

Bigger moar better

4 Likes

What did you mix it with? Bedliner?

3 Likes

Resin

Shit, 18 days later… Been quite busy with end of year projects with the kid and throwing a grad party for my bb bro, but managed to get a little shit done.

Bed liner turned out pretty decent. There are a couple fuck up spots from the first coat that show through a lil.
Leaned a bit, will be better next time, but overall I’m pleased with my first foray into spraying shit.

My mica experiment was not a total success. The masking completely failed. I assume due to the texture of the bedliner. So whether Al disowns me or not, this is how the enclosure will be. I have other places I plan to incorporate the pink be it resin or printed.
Plan was to do the curves in pink, but after the masking fail, I gave up, and was happy with the cleanliness of just the green on the center lines.

2k clear coated some shit. Sidekick turned out :ok_hand:.
Black and white ended up with a little orange peel and drips. Grabbed a wetsanding/polishing kit to clean it up, I’ll get to that experiment someday here.
Orange vanguard is already being ridden by cuz, stoked to get a ride on it soon.

Dicking around with mica and resin. Need to get back to it and finish it.

Enclosure assembly is done. Disassembly will be a PIA😅
Any trouble spots got extra padding/sleeving to do my best to avoid vibration/abrasion issues. Nearly every wire was custom mapped/crimped/soldered to save as much space as possible. Space constraints were tight, but hopefully can fit a Core in the future.
The @poastoast bungholio was hacked in with hot glue for now so I can adjust the design/print color in the future.
Hopefully the next update has a running board and me moving onto the next tb40v2 build. Just have to loctite up the drives, address the phase sleeving a bit differently, finish my remote mica project and bolt this shit together! :crossed_fingers:
:beers:

9 Likes

Bro that looks great. Well done on the enclosure digging the lines. Bedliner is a good fallback, can’t hardly mess it up and once you scratch it, add some more.

Don’t remember why I thought you mixed it with bedliner. Mica powder is some cool shit. I like to add it to clear poly or light color wood stain for shits and giggles.

4 Likes

Thank you!

Hell yeah it is, I just started messing with it, the possibilities are immense. I need to do another resin rabbit hole on YouTube soon.

4 Likes

Bro this build looks amazing. That deck shape and frit finish came out so well. :ok_hand:

5 Likes

What’s the verdict on those wheels, cheeser?

3 Likes

Let me ride them a little more.
Quick late night thoughts was they are much softer than refly 97s or any abec clones I’ve ridden. Similar to tb100 74a if not the exact same wheel.
It was pretty plush for a short stiff board, urethane risers and mount points(Moonshine construction)
probably assist that a little.
I can ride them side by side with a buddies tb100s sometime.

3 Likes

Thank you! I would have never tried skinning if it wasn’t for you and Al’s tutorials.
I’m quite stoked to be near the finish line on this one.
Just some color choosing on printed parts left.

6 Likes