Show us ya guts!

I love seeing the nitty gritty insides. Show us what you got under the hood! Bonus points for an explanation!

This discussion is outside of the watercooler, so would appreciate if we could keep it on topic please ladies :call_me_hand:

7 Likes

I’ll start…

Inside my demonseed I got a 13s6p 30q pack, escapes, robogotchi and gps, puck receiver, an ungodly amount of phase wire length and a bunch of hot glue.

The 13s6p is split into a 6s6p and 7s6p, using a loop key at the front of the board to split the two packs. There is also a loop key at the rear to isolate the battery from the ESCs completely.

I split the two packs to make use of my 12s balance charger for this build (because #fuckbms) and although it was a bit of a ballache to build like this, there is one very cool advantage… the balance charger can charge both batteries at the same time… this greatly reduces my charging time when using the balance charger.

I can also leave the two batteries connected and use a standard 13s charger if I wish to do so.

6 Likes

Not very pretty, but this fucker works awesome!

6 Likes

Prettier than mine :rofl:

6 Likes

Not pretty at all but it goes fast lol. It’s reliable… mostly.

8 Likes

6 Likes

As you might be able to tell, I give zero fucks about looks in terms of what’s inside my enclosures. As long as it works and is safe.

6 Likes

Mmmm kabelsalat

5 Likes

Yep. I was literally too excited when I built this thing and because of how well it’s working haven’t gone back to get everything sorted. I’m a piece of shit though so…

6 Likes

Your eloquence astounds me.

2 Likes

You are not man. Meet me at old Chicago and will get you taken care of.

2 Likes

9 Likes

Neoboxes ftw!

8 Likes

Daughter’s board.

Will grab one of the daily driver next time the enclosure is off.

6 Likes

One of my tidiest.

Alongside all the usual stuff it also has a GPS cell tracker with sim card and a 12V stepdown for lights.

This custom fuseboard keeps everything protected against shorts just encase anything was to get into the enclosure.

Using the Unity as its one of the best ESC avalable ever. my only complaint is that i wish it had an xt90s so it was a little more safe.

This is the bms. unfortunately its not a smart bms so i have no way of checking battery condition but i just kinda trust that its doing its job.

What you guys think?

13 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: like a few litres of water? :rofl:

9 Likes

Still give you props for going in and getting it.

9 Likes

This made me literally laugh out loud :rofl:

8 Likes

Not much to show, so here the only enclosure I ever filled up with electronics…

12s3p VTC5A external balanced.

7 Likes

Emtbs can have guts too!

@Pottsy show us that battery box for Alex

8 Likes