Skate tunes d(-_-)b

Nice, been on the bus since 99. I’m somewhere in the 120’s and my soon to be 10yo is in the 50s. I think 54 but would have to ask her and its past bedtime.

Got to see Keller this weekend in NC for a drive in show. Wasn’t the same but did get a Breathe.

3 Likes

Check out Riders on the Storm by The Doors on Amazon Music
https://music.amazon.com/albums/B00BZQ563Y?trackAsin=B00BZQ58OG&ref=dm_sh_aLs1HOjbsn6IqdovlHmPr6F9S

1 Like

Winter always puts me in a rhythmic chill step mood for some reason

5 Likes
3 Likes

did someone say gimme new-wave goth butt-rock with cringe ass music video??

1 Like

Run the Jewels x Royal Blood for CyberPunk 2077.

2 Likes

umphffffffffff If I could skate, finding out that deftones just released a full remix of White Pony would be the reason to go out for a skate and listen to it.

Its pretty damn awesome so far, alot of different artists remixed each song. One of the better ones has Mike Shinoda. I think this would be the only time you’d hear someone from linkin park, deftones, and tool all on one track.

4 Likes

This is dirty

2 Likes

I was supposed to do something but got distracted here, imagine that…
@Andrew, that Polyphia was awesome! I’ve been sleeping. They have some Fugazi elements to them in the way they are very deliberate rhythmically with their strings and use the as a percussive tool. Dig it

This speaks to my heart
@Andy87 thanks for bringing Gangstar in here, I gotta add him to my list, its been a while.
@Venom121212 As always, bringing the Atmosphere, hell yeah
@Wandagoner Anderson .Paak is new to me, thats some good shit, he’s got a little james brown in him

I’m missing some shit, but all around solid stuff in this thread.

This dude I discovered early covid, he’s got a little Jerry Lee Lewis in him and plenty of weird. Gets me a bit jacked on a ride.

A little Fugazi for the mention above

Here’s a favorite since I was a kid, Boise ID staple, I don’t get much into the new stuff but live is a fun raw loud show.

Other than that, a lot of hip hop, rage, John prine and many in-between sit in my ride mixs.
:v:

7 Likes

Started listening to metalish playlists while I ride. Gets ya fuckin goin’ I like this one a lot from one of my favorite podcasters:

3 Likes

Yo that’s awesome! Just the type of music I was hoping to find in this chat :smiley:

I think you’d like my recommendation for skate music as well:

Last summer I would put Turbomegafast on every time I left work to catch the train, and it made me feel like I was in an action movie lol

Also, here’s a great song for bombing hills / driving late at night to:

2 Likes

I’m sure we’d be considered posers by these guys, but I’m never mad when this cycles through on my playlist while on a ride :metal:

3 Likes

This song has been stuck in my head for a few days. Had to blast it loud today to try and get it out of there, didn’t work. So join me with the soundtrack in my dome!

3 Likes

old track added to new playlist for today’s ride
Ocean Alley
Confidence
@Abusfullofnuns definite phil lesh influence on this track

1 Like

For when I feel a bit self distructive I live through this guy for a moment

Spotify ill just leave this here…

1 Like

In honour of my sad, little recovery rides:

7 Likes

:partying_face:, that’s huge!
Awesome track

3 Likes

I do most my riding at night so this tune is quite appropriate for the occasion.

Linking the live despite shitty audio because p-funk is a sight to be seen!

Check out the studio recording for a true banger.

Fun fact, lighters held up at concerts started with this track. Narration by Mike Judge

2 Likes

Phonk (/fɒŋk/ Listen) is a subgenre of hip hop and trap music directly inspired by 1990s Memphis rap. Mostly present on the SoundCloud platform, the music is characterized by vocals from old Memphis rap tapes and samples from early-1990s hip hop, often combining them with sounds from jazz and funk. The genre deploys distorting techniques such as chopped and screwed to create a darker sound.

Basically it’s rap over ambient electronic music, with a sub-genre being “drift phonk”. Hence why this fits so well with esk8ing :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Definitely going to use a few of these songs for future montages.