The Last Power Supply You'll Ever Need

so 96v@10a should give me plenty of headroom, right? If ever i need the full 20a i can go to the shop or garage and fetch a 30a outlet, right?

looking at configurations, it looks like the Dell PSUs are 13.5"x3"x3.5"
assuming the 13.5" in length and the 3.5" as width 4 stacked would be like 12" high minimum, and like 8~ish wide inches depending on frame configuration, that doesn’t appear to ungainly all 8 stacked vertically is only a couple of feet high x maybe 6" wide counting a complete outside 20x20 extrusion frame, that’d be super easy to outside aluminum sheet panel enclose, I think, I’d like the converter(s) to be mounted on the top, perhaps enclosed, but viewable…

I’ll definetly check out the splitter you just posted as I was typing this… thanks

EDIT:
The splitter you linked would be cool for 6 of the supplies, which would get me to 17s~ and that may be enough, and then reconfigure if I need moAr poWar… or I found 10 plugs for $25 and a 10 plug power supply @ 1875W/15A which will be a bottleneck @ 96v@20a (1920w) but running at 10a~15a seems to provide a bit of headroom (96v@15a=1,440w) am I correct?

https://www.amazon.com/Bototek-Protector-Charging-Extension-Smartphone/dp/B07MVZZV3G/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3107Z663W47C9&dchild=1&keywords=8+plug+power+strip+surge+protector&qid=1600543953&sprefix=8+plug+p%2Caps%2C218&sr=8-4

2 Likes

Lots of good info in here already. Trying to decide whether I should do this or order a led driver.

2 Likes

Led driver won’t have the adjustability nor the current? Or so the make 20a led drivers?

3 Likes

Looks good to me mang.

As long as the voltage is 110v it’s all good . The converter has a watt meter too so you know when you’re getting close at any voltage

Get two splitters and you can daisy chain out to as many as you need. You’ll still need at least c13 to wall socket cable. But those are super common

4 Likes

Totally. Would be a 12s and 8-10A. They are adjustable In V and A but only small V range.

Will have a few different V boards so this makes sense. Just want to be back charging at 6-8A soon as I can.

3 Likes

@kook you order the converter yet? Trying to decide which one. Hope it comes before Christmas.

4 Likes

As an option. ou can get a led driver for 13s and the regulate with a small converter down to an s below that.

3 Likes

I’ll have two 12s4p 21700 boards, a 10s4p 21700, and 14s9p 21700 to keep charged. Probably makes sense to get this built before that big battery gets delivered.

4 Likes

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/DPH8920-485-96V-20A-Programmable-DC-Power-Supply-CC-CV-485-Communications/PRD0Y328660LHNR

4 Likes

60v led driver plus this guy will get You a super flexible 14s and below charger at 7a

3 Likes

yup

ordered the 96v20a

and I hope it gets here by christmas or chinese new years!!!
the good thing is most all my other stuff should be here the end of next week, then I start assembling and finish ordering misc. parts and shit!

two questions Robin,

• on one pik you show jumpering pins with wire, and another there is a resistor… whazzup with the diff?

• and when we DC isolate the PSUs we’re still keeping the AC chassis ground, correct?

thanks again

3 Likes

resistor vs jumper is not really much different. I guess the jumper draws a little more current but the digital logic can handleit. Resistor is proper. Short is fine.

and yes excatly. Thats why this is safe and not a total deathtrap

2 Likes

same thing?
2 Likes

its missing the wireless controller, so youll need to run it off a pc, or directly. which is a pain

2 Likes

never mind this is the same vein as the ones you posted above. i thoguht the walmart one was a third choice. :smiley:

ignore.

I received my first 6 (Dell N750P) PSUs, today, figgered how to bridge the PSU to start up the supply, and also to lower the fukkin’ fan speed… believe me, you want a lower fan speed, this is the fukkin loudest small fan I’ve ever heard!!! I cannot imagine a server farm, or 6-8 of these in a tiny enclosure. Some say that the PSU is “smart” and will increase speed as required by heat… the jury is still out, do ya know @agressivstreetlamp ?

first PSU powers up to 11.86V… not great, but not terrible… (5 will easily get me to 12S voltage)

are you kidz interested in a blow by blow adventure in this thread, or make a different thread for this PSU (it’s not rocket science, just watch Lamp’s vid, and read a bit, and it’s pretty easy~peasy, or just fukkoff and post pix when it’s done, or just fukkoff?

2 Likes

My vote.

3 Likes

Step by step in the words of the k00k in this thread sounds ideal.

4 Likes

Noob question - what is a power supply like this used for…? :flushed:

2 Likes

in this instance, we’re using it to supply charging voltage/amperage to PEV batteries…
with the converter you can adjust the voltage and the amperage… that is the complete sum and total of my knowledge

I can also use it to charge kwads, and a known voltage/amperage bench power supply

and the GF has NEEDS for high amps

4 Likes