The Puck’n’Trigger mod [Puck Design Contest Entry]

Still playing around with finding the right position of the trigger for both forward and brake. I added a picatinny rail to throw on a flash light when needed.

8 Likes

Ooh flashlight mount is coool

4 Likes

pew pew mfs

5 Likes

This is looking better and better :+1:t5::+1:t5:

3 Likes

looool

That seems like a quick way to get into trouble.

Just uhh,

• Don’t pull it out of your backpack in the coffee shop
  • Don’t make it out of black filament
  • Don’t GIVE IT A FUCKIN SCOPE :rofl:
8 Likes

I haven’t found any design/shape of my own guts casing that I’m satisfied with yet. So I took a detour for an easy way to use the OG Puck shell with a trigger design. Just need to swap the thumb wheel and can keep the lanyard connected if you don’t want to snip it.

I added a stash box in the handle for small tools, keys, joints, or the XT90.

I’m happy with the fit, so going to print this in TPU next for added comfort and durability.

6 Likes

That’s sweet! Nice work! Repurposing the top shell of the puck is brilliant!

6 Likes

Oh it’s not just the top shell, it’s a complete Puck. To apply, you remove the original Puck screws, replace the thumb wheel with a trigger wheel, and then bolt the whole Puck, bottom and top shell, into the grip base using the Puck screws.

5 Likes

That’s really cool with that compartment. Most people don’t know this, but you can put your weed in there. :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

I like the pop off compartment for storage.

Would be awesome to include space for little magnets and a hinge on the handle door so there aren’t any latches or tools needed to open it

3 Likes

Really cool design!! I don’t know that I’ll be able to use it because of where I live, but I love the creativity here + using the existing shell is genius

5 Likes

What’s the concern about using it in Portland? That it resembles a pistol still, even with the bulbous puck end?

1 Like

Liability in one city is a desired feature in another. Would fit right in around here.

7 Likes

Made some needed adjustments and then printed in TPU. It turned out great and I love the flex, grip, and durability of TPU. I also found a good place for an optional picatinny rail. Without the rail, you can reuse the stock Puck bolts 2.5x20. If adding the rail, you’ll need something longer so I’m waiting for some longer bolts to arrive to find the correct length, should be 2.5x25

11 Likes

#itsnotaguniswear

6 Likes

If I used this. I would get shot. Like it dude!

5 Likes

Took a ride today and used the trigger mod for the first time. While the ergonomics was excellent, I wasn’t expecting the trigger pull to be so light. I mean, it worked fine, the trigger movement and angle was great, but I would want a little more resistance in the trigger.

I’m using the stock puck spring, so anyone know which one it is from the variety pack?

2 Likes

I think they changed it over time, but should be now stock 0.35

2 Likes

Ok, after putting more miles on this trigger mod, I’m making the STLs available. My first time using GitHub, so let me know if I screwed up.

Here is my finished product printed in TPU:

If anyone in EU wants this PLA orange print, just cover shipping and it’s yours:

15 Likes

This reminds me of Han’s pistol and the storage included is really nice. You get my vote.

9 Likes