I have one in mind for a future project
You want Amazon or ali?

2 Likes

either.

2 Likes

Okay look for an MPT-7210A

I believe @Andrew also used one at a certain point for a charge and ride

4 Likes

yeah I think i saw that thread somewhere. I thought he said he used the mppt because he had it already.

3 Likes

possibly. I’ve had it saved on my Amazon since last year when I saw people start doing some portables. Never got to buying it yet.

Edit: holy fucking crap…guess its gonna be bought off ali…

3 Likes

the mppt wikipedia page is making me think mppt isn’t really helpful for a charge-n-ride application, it really seems to be about varying the load on photovoltaics to extract max power given their environmental conditions. not sure how that helps with a battery pack as the source. (and dest. )

I gotta get some sleep for group ride tomorrow. more to study later.

3 Likes

That’s definitely a stupid idea.
Didn’t say that this wouldn’t be an issue either.

4 Likes

yeah that seems like a rather cumbersome method, and pretty safe, I’ve flown lipos much longer than I’ve connected LiOns, and I always use the 0.1 volt max differential between total pack voltage to determine if it’s safe to connect battery packs together.

tried and trued

2 Likes

A 4wd with rear gear drives and the front belt drives. Would I have any issues?

2 Likes

Can’t see why there would be any issue with that :man_shrugging:

Wonder how it would work if you used different ratios front and back :thinking::thinking:

Well I’d try to match them as close as possible…emphasized text

1 Like

Why not gear drive all the way around :smiley:

1 Like

Because science? Im still not convinced i want to spread my battery four ways instead of just two. Im not at @ahrav or Dr mikes level just yet…

2 Likes

Fair warning… once you go 4wd there is no turning back :eyes:. But ohhhhh so worth it. :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

:raising_hand_man:can confirm. The man is correct.

4 Likes

I work here, but I want to jump it. Very small time window is about to pass

9 Likes

Ended up with a couple of these:

80mm motor selection is less than ideal… Came close to pulling the trigger on Reacher Tech D83-190, but I would have to order something custom w/o the built in water cooling.

5 Likes

Woah. Never seen phase wires come out that end of the can. Where did you get these and what other motors do they have?

Also… 230kv on high voltage? :exploding_head:

1 Like

Because it’s an inrunner :crazy_face:

5 Likes

rcgenesis. they carry the sss inrunner lineup, but that’s about it. no clue who is making them.

230kv + 18S + 9/70 chain drive on 8" tires = ~40mph top speed.

4 Likes