The Sandbox

I see what you mean now, yeah my printer doesn’t have those rods going across so I haven’t seen that happen.

2 Likes

This on a prusa?

2 Likes

Yes technically

3 Likes

Linear bearing swaps aren’t too bad. Do you oil the rods from time to time? Important for longevity. Lots of great ytube vids on maintenance and the prusa site has a lot of how tos for fixing. But I feel for ya. Nothing worse than the ruining of a print right at the end. Especially a big one!

3 Likes

Just stuck waiting I guess
Screenshot_20200929-125311_Amazon Shopping

3 Likes

Look who finally pulled the chute for a landing at freesk8. @Soflo420 don’t forget to post up in the intro thread. Make sure to include an action shot so we all can feel inferior about the sack between our legs.

11 Likes

I feel this. my printer is barely hanging on… just don’t want fixing it to be my project… so I keep hacking it… it’s getting sketch. :D. needs. a rewire and new bearings… but there’s a whole upgrade for it… mines v2.2 and upstream guys are on v2.4. full reprint and moar different parts… but… esk8s instead. :smiley:

3 Likes

I’ll gladly take any printers gathering dust into my home :stuck_out_tongue: wife didn’t like the idea cus “it’s another hobby that youll be excluding us from”
But
“Can I has cookie cutters?”
“Can I has organizers for diamonds?”
“Can I has jewel trays?”
“Can I…”
I think she’s filing my to do list with around 60 extra prints :rofl:

3 Likes

I feel this. It’s all about toys for the kiddos…

8 Likes

@RalphWiggum what are you printing on? Looking good!

4 Likes

Thanks my dude! Got rid of my tevo and bought an mk2.5s. Holy crapnuggets what a difference in quality! That’s mostly pla minus the tpu wheels. So easy printing, but I can’t look back now. Prusa is the tits when it comes to fdm.
Gonna print a Bruce once my petg arrives…
And when I finally get the internals… Or do I wait for the DRI OFFERINGS?

5 Likes

7 Likes

What am I looking at here Kookster?
Looks great, but wat? Remember seeing other pics of things you printed on .news, and thinking damn this boi has his printer dialed in.

4 Likes

it’s a miniature rcModel of a battle bot…
one of my nephews and i watched that show together all the time…
End Game a team from the land of convicts
he told me colors, and i made it a thing…

same-same as you making stuffs for kidz…
the smile of a grateful kid is worth approximately 1.5 million bitcoins

Thanks… i wuz just following along with the theme…

6 Likes

Which end does the flame come out of?

3 Likes

@Andy87 i’m thinking of getting some APS 63100 motors, what’s your verdict on them once battle hardend? i’m looking for some powerful motors for my mtb under 170kv, the options are limited and you are the eMTB guy :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Puh good question. I never had a set of the 63100 by my own, so hard to say if it’s worth going with a more heavy motor.
I think from APS directly they come without sensors and probably out of stock which can take ages to get them to you.

3 Likes

they are in stock and i don’t want sensors so that;s why i’m asking haha. But if you never tried then i’m hesitant…
In fact everything should get tested by you before it gets put on the market :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Not big enough?

3 Likes

is that your board Bill?!
those are 80mm motor, yes? My gd are compatiblw with 63/68mm unfortunately

3 Likes