2021 mileage goals

New year, new challenges. how many miles are you going to try to log this year? Post your mileage goals and progress in this thread.

4 Likes

Since i have installed a robogotchi + gps on my main cruiser board it should be easy peasy for me to capture and post my clicks here; the goal for 2021 is:

1,000 miles (1,610km) by 31Dec2021

Day 1, Gettin lolo in Palolo: (8) miles, 992 to go…

For consistency i’ll be using the mileage logged from the robogotchi rather than other peripheral devices to track progress.

Robo-log

7 Likes

I like this idea. Hoping to get my new board up and running this month so I can play too.

4 Likes

Not really a year target but @Lee_Wright, @bigben and i are planning a 100 mile ride in 1 day. Hopefully some time in spring when the pubs are open again.

13 Likes

Autumn perhaps at this rate?

2 Likes

Yeah maybe. If it gets to summer and were still in this situation we will have to make a charger adapter for EV charge points.

2 Likes

A trip to World’s End?

2 Likes

maybe, end of the world seems to be getting ever closer.

2 Likes

I’ll try to get close to 2020s ~4000km I’ve done (2485miles).

My other goal is trying to beat my 76km in one ride record (47 miles) and do 100ish km.

The first one will be hard since I’ve had an esk8 low the last few months. Mid 2020 i did 40km a day for 2 weeks straight and rode a lot in general.

4 Likes

I’m never going to beat my first year numbers when I was commuting 40+ miles a day- but I am going to try.

I really would love to see us get mileage leaderboards setup once we have logging data services stood up.

8 Likes

It’s a pretty cool pub. I had many a pint there when I lived in London.

Edit:

to the end, to the end, I will journey to the end

Thanks Wan, this one been stuck in my head all morning

2 Likes

Ooooh baby. That’s an awesome idea!

4 Likes

I guess at least 1k miles. Not a lot but a nice goal to have

4 Likes

750-1000 Miles. I hope to build a shortboard soon that will replace using a bike. Right now I grab a bike to do quick trips since my 30lb board is a little to carry while in line for grocery stores etc.

I can put well over that if I try. In a week I can do well over 100 miles if I’ve got someone to ride with. Problem is that My riding buddy is in Utah for the foreseeable future though :sleepy:

3 Likes

I’m fighting for space in my enclosure to squeeze to robogotchi in but a leader board would light a fire surely. I’m being lazy and really just need to shorten my motor cables by like 8". My garage is cold and that board is so heavyyyy :sob:

7 Likes

You could always design a case like what @ducktaperules has added to the Apex ESC box.

I think I might try something similar.

5 Likes

Definitely my last resort if I can’t crammy cram it all into my hidey hole.

3 Likes

@SeanHacker might be able to give you some tips there.

5 Likes

I feel like 1000 miles is obtainable for me. I can’t wait to be able to ride after work in the summertime though, having it get dark at 5pm is really a mood killer.

I’ve only been able to ride on weekends recently and in 2020 I was still able to track like 660 miles. 1000 this year would be awesome

1 Like

I’m hoping to get 1 mile.

5 Likes