Allow yourself to introduce yourself

Good to have you onboard, Jacob! Please ignore the fact that @glyphiks is a mod here. (He had comprising photos of Andrew and Jason together.)

8 Likes

Harder to bullshit her. she knows those ceramic bearings that came in the mail today are $100+ and she tried to claim them.

13 Likes

These are all my fav peeps.

7 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: yeah i can see the downsides :joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

Yea I probably am winning that for the most amount of random shit in there too! I got a boxed up bed frame chilling somewhere in there too! Just got the weight bench and weights out of there, that was a pain in the ass but at least I can walk over and touch the work bench now!

5 Likes

ditch those, and get urself some NSK608zz those bearings refuse to die, iā€™ve had 1 set that went through everything from mud to salt water, still spinning mighty fine to this day.

6 Likes

Hey, Iā€™m Ryan.

I live in Denver and I like live music, the outdoors, computers (most of the time), board sports, and I try to like people too as best I can.

Iā€™m pretty terrible at taking pictures (or generally doing anything I donā€™t have to) but hereā€™s my face next to my favorite face.

I discovered our Lord and savior esk8-jesus almost exactly a year ago, just missing the great Colorado esk8 trip of 2019, which brings me great sadness. Esk8 fit right into my life with 15 years of snowboarding, a couple years of longboarding, and coming off automotive hobbying after giving up my bikes/cars/garage and moving to the city.

Since then Iā€™ve learned and built a ton, starting with a shoddy single-drive w/ a stick-on enclosure, and currently rotating 6 boards w/ a new one on the bench, a queue of builds behind it, and a few of my builds out in the wild being ridden by others.

Really been enjoying the activity and the company (oh Lord, the drama though), and will continue to do so until Iā€™m too old or broken, or bigger/faster things take me back one dayā€¦

18 Likes

Dude! Would have loved to have met you and skated with you.

11 Likes

Same man! Real bummed covid had to come and fuck up Carve-PDX this yearā€¦ along with everything else.
It just means the ride will be a few steps up for whatever 2021 brings.

8 Likes

There would have been no social distancing with @SeanHacker in attendance

7 Likes

Man, you & me both.

Trying to look at this like an opportunity in disguise though- without the circumstances @skate420 & I wouldnā€™t have been able to lean fully into FreeSK8 dev long enough to get this thing launched.

I can tell you that we have every intention of hosting an even bigger, better Carve PDX in 2021. Barring any major world catastrophes between now and then. :joy:

13 Likes

My name is Will and Iā€™m from a small(ish) country town in Australia

I started studying chemistry out of high school in 2017 and later that year ditched it to be a full time photographer. Lived in Sydney for 3 years before moving back to my home town.

My interest in diy stemmed from my experience in wood work in high school and building high power handheld lasers back in 2013. You can find my build threads over at Laserpointerforums

Never mind the potato quality, shit was taken 7 years ago, (thereā€™s still a hole in the tree from the burn marks).

Laser hosts all hand lathed by a guy named Sinner from Dubai.

Back onto skateboards, have been skating and snow skiing for a decade now and more recently built my first diy in 2017, all parts were from Taobao, rode it for one fucking glorious week before it was squashed by some BMW driverā€¦ The entire catastrophe is documented on the builders forum. Itā€™s currently sitting on my desk ready to explode.

Now building my dream board, eBoosted Bustin Sportster, Stormcore, together with some other goodies.

13 Likes

Holy shit, you build real life light sabers! :joy:

Awesome to have you here bro, Iā€™ve lived all over Australia, whats your smallish country town you call home?

6 Likes

Haha, shits totally illegal as well. Correct eye protection was always used.

Small town called Albury :upside_down_face: Youā€™re in Melbourne at the moment? Hope the lockdownā€™s fairing well for you guys :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

What do you think a secret phase conjugate tracking system is for?!

6 Likes

I know albury pretty well. Would hardly call it small :joy:

Iā€™ll make sure to reach out next time Iā€™m passing through!

Lockdown isnā€™t actually too bad for me, I work all over the place and try to avoid people as much as I can anyway :joy: i have good reason to be out and about at pretty much any time so itā€™s life as usual for me :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Good to hear youā€™re not cooped up!

Yeah I guess Albury is quite big, although I live out of town in Tabletop which is definitely small.

Let me know if youā€™re passing by!

Lol, the NSW police department is reading this right nowā€¦ :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

How did you but smuggle that one into the country, my pissy little 1/2 watt was seizedā€¦Is it like the airsoft guns you just order the parts and assemble them yourself.

6 Likes

@skate420 Reneeeeeeeee! You gotta show them the things.

6 Likes

Is it part of your motorist defence strategy

6 Likes