Allow yourself to introduce yourself

I know, right? I feel relatively okay riding snowboard goofy, but I can’t ride esk8 regular, no way! :thinking:

9 Likes

I ride esk8 goofy. I get to snowboard about a week a year. Every single trip I spend a day riding regular and wondering why everything sucks. I’m comfortable-ish both ways.

10 Likes

same here…
Snowboard and everything with bindings I ride regular. Skate/longboards goofy.
I could ride goofy snowboard more or less, but I can’t manage to push a board regular.

8 Likes

@Pedrodemio in the house!!!

8 Likes

Yo

Hi my friends, before riding my first board I had maybe step foot on a skateboard once or twice. First ride was cool until the radio literally fell off

Right now I’m trying to graduate and working on some more cool things with the folks at Lacroix

Haven’t been riding that much usually because I rode everywhere

Right now I’m with SolidWorks open trying to figure out a simple way to make my board a 4WD as compact and cheap as possible. Just to make something fun and have new experiences riding

May start a thread on that if you guys are interested

15 Likes

Hey Pedro! Good to see you here bro!

Sounds like a great thread, would love to see it :call_me_hand: once you go 4wd you will never wanna go back :grinning:

6 Likes

Yes, dude. Maybe grab yourself a workshop thread. Welcome!

8 Likes

Thanks man

I imagined, the problem is that I’m an efficiency freak, or too cheap to buy a bigger battery, will leave for you guys to judge

Will do for sure, both, the workshop is a mess thought

7 Likes

we’ll leave that for @glyphiks to judge :smiley:

8 Likes

Right now is not that bad, but was a few weeks ago

6 Likes

@glyphiks sets off a small nuclear device in his shop each morning. I think you’ll be okay.

8 Likes

I reckon @Itsmedant is winning in the ‘Messiest Workshop of the Year’ race.

8 Likes

It’s like headphone wires, you just cleaned and start just 10 new projects and everything explode

8 Likes

Hi I’m Simeon and I’m into eskates for about 2.5 years.

I’ve always been interested in electronics. When i first heard about esk8 I built an analog board first. Gotta learn how to ride these things first and how to break. About a year later I bought my first electric kit. That board was upgraded pretty quickly. 10s soon wasn’t enough for me so I told myself how to build batteries. Then I needed something to ride offroad trails and this pretty quickly became an addiction. I currently own 7 boards - 3 eskates (some still in the works) and a few pushboards, which I also love.
I love building and riding these things.
Thanks to the community and forums from whom I’ve learned so much over the years^^

8 Likes

Yeeewwww, welcome dude :call_me_hand:

Do you have another build planned?

4 Likes

I’m currently finishing 2 boards. The most stealth build that is possible with decent specs (a haya with mellow hubs, damn regulations in Germany…) and a new MTB which I’m building the battery for atm.

9 Likes

Nice! Great to have you here dude :call_me_hand:

That battery is looking mighty fine :ok_hand:

7 Likes

My name is Jacob I am from Straya. And I like skateboards I have 7 push boards and 5 Lectrics and 4 projects ongoing. I am IT/electronics/embedded engineer (smart vision systems) it’s boring as fuck. I married a fellow skater and we have 6 year old lil skater. My wife loves evolves but I still love her. My first esk8 was 2013 it was a shitstorm . enclosure was a Stanley toolbox, battery was 8s 2p soldered remote was pistol style RC style. My mates still refer to that board as the bomb! Because it looked like I had a bomb strapped to the bottom of the board. I am time poor I work full time and have a business and being a dad. I usually go for a long ride once or twice a week.

13 Likes

Marrying a skater. Geez that woulda saved me some grief. Why didn’t I think of that!?

9 Likes

Sorry I missed this before. Andrew specifically requested that no poaching take place, or else your wonderful ass would have gotten an invite.

7 Likes