Allow yourself to introduce yourself

Thanks mate :wave:t2:

8 Likes

I feel you. the apparent split is saddening.

But there are claims of coexistence. statements that marketplace would remain on esk8 news and no whole sale copying of regular topics would happen here, and that this forum would be more technically focused on both freesk8 and wider PEVs.

There’s also others who give the impression this is a silent take over, and the cool kids are here.

hopefully bygones will be bygones and both places can coexist and find their niches.

9 Likes

I’ve said this before, but I’ll reiterate because it’s relevant. These forums have been part of the plan since day 1 and were stood up (but not fully launched) since May or so. FreeSK8 as a project was always going to need a dedicated home, which will become more apparent once the FreeSK8.Org Codex gets launched.

The intention was always to coexist and the internet isn’t a zero sum game. There are hundreds of forums and websites on bicycling, so as any industry/sport grows there will always be more corners with different focuses popping up. This is a natural and healthy part of this sport growing, and in my opinion the more healthy communities we have the more the entire industry benefits.

FreeSK8 is a place for learning, sharing knowledge, and collaborating on OS projects. Clean slate for all; my hope is that we’re all here to discuss ideas, not people.

15 Likes

Hey Kenny here, not as active as I once was but I’ll be around from time to time. Spend my days building/riding esk8 as well as riding dirt bikes. Annnnd more recently spending time in the wilderness and away from social media.

16 Likes

hi skidmarx!!!

9 Likes

tenor (8)

11 Likes

Present

14 Likes

Where you been, dood? Welcome!

6 Likes

.news like the slacker I am lol. Realized you weren’t coming back so I made an account to bug you here. Missed you homie!

7 Likes

Same here, so happy you joined up. Even though you’ve clearly come over to plant a much-needed boot in my ass.

9 Likes

Esk8 news isn’t going anywhere. This forum is mainly related to the freesk8 brand and the products and testing related to them. A lot of us are still active on the news site.

You just have to look at 2 forums now!

7 Likes

And who are you?

7 Likes

Welcome aboard @Flasher! Introduce yo-self.

5 Likes

Dammit. I Suk in deez shyts.

Small (very lightweight), Canadian, few builds done (only have 3 in the house now) love using mountainboards for almost everything but mountains. I take in all the ressources i can so I have something useful to say when my local riders need help. Heard freesk8 was becoming a ressource, so kinda needed to show up. And I can’t be present without supporting :woman_shrugging:t3:

10 Likes

whodis? new forum

10 Likes

Hi, my name is Shawn. I enjoy short walks in the garage, attracting solder fumes and searching my workspace for tools I need, but can’t find half the time. I like buying and unintentionally hoarding parts, planning too many builds I don’t have enough time to finish, and having a glorious fleet of partially completed ESk8s that I am both moderately proud of and also equally ashamed.

20 Likes

Let’s all welcome brother Shawn. The coffee and donuts are free, but donations are appreciated. Now, who is next to hold the suspiciously glistening sharing pillow?

Welcome, guy with a username that could be a cough syrup!

11 Likes

Hi shawn

everyone i know named shawn is weird

welcome to the weirdness

9 Likes

Thanks Billiam! I believe le share pillow es occupado, or at least is still stuck to the previous members’ 
member? :grimacing: Feels like some of us might need a little tutorial on proper pillow use. :thinking: :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Thanks Koo Koo bear. But it’s the “Sean’s” you really have to watch out for. They’re even weirder than the baffling pronunciation of their names would suggest. Amirite @SeanHacker? :kissing_heart:

7 Likes