Al's Wild World of Wallaby Wankery

Been working on this battery on and off for the past few weeks. Glad it’s finally getting shipped out.

12s7p P42A with LLT smart bms wired for charge only. Dude said he may upgrade to 4wd in the future, so I bunged on an extra xt90 to make it a bit easier for him.

14 Likes

I’ve lost count of how many of these godforsaken boards I have upgraded. But here’s another one out the door. Hopefully to never be seen again.

15 Likes

Back again with this bastard of a project that I have been working on for nearly 3 months.

It started when i wanted to sell this old Landyachtz Switch 40 and the dude asked me if I could make an enclosure to go with it. I said ‘yeah dude, i should be able to do that in like 2-3 weeks, no dramas

*** 3 months later ***

I’m nearly there. It turned from being just deck and enclosure to

Deck
Enclosure
Reinforce the deck for super stiffness
Threaded inserts for enclosure
Glass frit grip

After several failures with the enclosure, I nailed it in the end. But it wasn’t a fun experience.

Everything is done bar a layer of glass cloth on top, glass frit, and final clearcoat of the deck and enclosure.

I will do the glass cloth and frit using black pigmented resin to black-out the whole thing. I am really looking forward to putting this one in the post :joy:

11 Likes

Al, you need more decks :point_up:
And I need a workshop like yours :joy:

3 Likes

Shhhh I know :joy: but I made a promise to my wallet that I’d take a break :joy:

2 Likes

Ja ja… it just would cut into your beer money, that’s the only reason :joy:

5 Likes

Glass cloth and frit on. The finish line is ever closer.

7 Likes

24S LiFePo4 e-bike pack. Dead. Smells like that sweet sweet smell of lithium.

Need to make an equivalent Li-ion pack to suit. This one is gonna be a slow burn.

It’s like I subscribe to pain and suffering. Why do I do this?

12 Likes

Classic masochist/sadist self-hate.

5 Likes

To pay the beer bills

4 Likes

I probably wouldn’t drink as much if I didn’t spend my spare time playing with bombs.

7 Likes

You should really be playing more with decks. @BillGordon and @SeanHacker would love that.

5 Likes

I have love for decks.

Nearly finished with this one. Just gotta paint the bottom, sides and enclosure, clearcoat and then get it the fuck out of my life :joy:

Super stoked to see what the dude does with it though, pretty sure he is doing a 4wd hub build.

12 Likes

Aaaaaannnnnnddd it’s done.

Never again will I do this. Maybe.

14 Likes

This just makes me want to go back to Aus again :pensive:
I love Australia, if I was to live somewhere permanently it would be there.

It’s your apartment there?

1 Like

Lol i wish. This is the Mordialloc Lifesaving Club. I was doing esk8 work at my real work. Don’t tell my boss.

7 Likes

ah i know where that is. awesome job. best part is when you train for respiratory exercises on that girl you’ve been watching for over 2 months.

Deck is looking tiptop. you did her well.

1 Like

Lol I wish. I do a lot of maintenance work for the construction company I work for. Will only be at the LSC for a few days :sleepy: but at least the weather is looking good for it!

3 Likes

This is Al’s place.

9 Likes

Duuude. I wish.

8 Likes