Al's Wild World of Wallaby Wankery

Its just the 6 small wires with a shitty plastic sleeve,

But you could look up 6 core silicone wire and find something better

3 Likes

Thanks Bill! Bigger and better things to come hopefully!

4 Likes

Looks good man :clap:

1 Like

Made some progress on my LDP inspired Mov-E last night. Really keen to get this rolling, i think it will be super fun.

Did some calcs, should be top speed about 40kph and i think i’ll be lucky to get 20km range out of the reclaimed raptor pack, but we’ll see.

6 Likes

Wow! I was waiting so long for you to finish that.
Just a word of warning. This deck that you have wasn’t design to be used with those extensions.
I know that Winfly did that and it was ok but my latest test shows that such configuration puts a lot of stress on deck.

5 Likes

Thanks for the warning. I can strengthen it, it already has a layer of fibreglass cloth on the bottom, is there a way i can add more fibreglass/carbon to be safe?

3 Likes

Keen to see what the approach is here.

I’d be concerned about stress and loads on the deck also. Maybe an x thing on top to distribute load a bit. The inner two screw heads will be wanting to pull down through the deck otherwise…?

(I also had this concern when considering using brackets like this on my Haya - the lid fucks it up for me, and no opportunity for an x thing, plus im 100kg so a considerable loading on the lever arm)

I’ll definitely be adding x things on top of the deck, my main concern would be delam in the truck cutout.

Tbh, i’m probably just gonna send it and see. If it breaks, I’ll harass Luke for a new one :rofl:

@Lukas are you gonna be doing another batch? 21700 version? :star_struck::pray::pray::pray:

4 Likes

If it’s glued properly and you have skinned that area, it should be pretty strong I’d expect.

1 Like

I didn’t skin into the cutout, only around it.

I’ll glass the top of the deck as well for a little extra security. If it breaks, I murdered a unicorn. I’ve done worse things.

6 Likes

For sure this layer will help.
This is the weak spot.

Problem is that because of wheel wells and truck cutouts sharp edges, you are not ale to do it as a whole. That’s why new design is different.

I’m trying to improve the proces of production with this new design now. Can’t promise anything but the should be ready in near future :wink:
Fuck the unicorn Al! Just stay safe.

3 Likes

Well in addition to the fibreglass layer, those are also uni directional carbon stripes on there, so it’s got the best chance possible. Just gonna send it :grin:

tenor (1) (11)

Definitely keen on one of the new models when they are ready!

8 Likes

Reasonably productive day. Built a shelf, cleaned the workshop, did some battery surgery, did a skin and frit, and put some mt60s on some motors.

Tomorrow i’m gonna make my first attempt at pulling a haero enclosure :grimacing: i’m scared.

13 Likes

Welds look good, you thinking a shit cell was in there?

1 Like

Yeah gotta be a dud cell. Will send all of them round to my mate who operates my tester for me, find the dud and dispose. Will keep the other 4 as backups

3 Likes

Wow! Just wow! :clap:

2 Likes

Work continued on the mov-e yesterday, still waiting on belts and pulleys, and gotta build the guts. Really stoked with how it’s coming along, i guess its time to start thinking about a name for it :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Spent most of last night on tinkerdick designing these thingamajigs to route the phase wires and house a power switch… i found a makerX antispark in a box of goodies, so i’ll see if i can’t blow it up.

Printer was jammed so i replaced the whole hotend assembly, now it’s under extruding :expressionless: gonna need to give it a good service/calibration.

Also made a silicone mold of these matrix ii tunnel risers, hopefully it worked well

14 Likes

This is a fucking beautiful build Al. Really like where you’re going with it. :heart_eyes_cat:

Did you do a box mold on those matrix?

2 Likes

I just glued the 3d printed bucks to the bottom of the box and filled that sucker up with liquid silicone.

Used a toothpick to poke around all the corners and holes in the hopes that i wouldn’t leave any bubbles.

Also played some more with that big kaly riser mould. You are right. Caulking molds fucking suck fat bags of dicks. Nowhere near worth the money saved in silicone considering how much time i’ve spent fucking around with it to end up with a sub-par result

6 Likes

Bit of flashing, but i’m calling this a win. Not all th holes worked perectly, but they’re good enough to locate and clean up with a drill

9 Likes