Al's Wild World of Wallaby Wankery

Successful release, let’s see if a light sand brings out any demons.

6 Likes

No unexpected demons after a little touch up with the sandpaper. Will get some filler in a few spots and have at it again.

I really need to refine this process.

7 Likes

Holy fucking Christ…that BMS is HUGE

2 Likes

that’s what she said :rofl: yeah its massive. Its a 200a ANT bms. Was originally purchased for the Madness build before I grew into my #fuckbms lifestyle.

4 Likes

Flexi not tempting you back to the BMS lifestyle?

1 Like

Certainly is. But my prototype flexi is still sitting here unused because I am too technologically illiterate to make it work :rofl:

Personally more excited about the FreeSK8 BMS and it’s integration into the FreeSK8 product line up.

4 Likes

A bms circuitry built into a flexi battery pcb with copper traces leading to pads at every correct place in the pack…feel a bit…jeffwu

But God damn that would be a dream to me

2 Likes

Filled up my ugly bits and sanded down to 800. The waxing has ensued.

6 Likes

That’s the mold for the enclosure or did you just love the idea of a yellow belly?

Edit: I can kinda see an imprint of a board so I’ll guess the first

2 Likes

Yeah bro thats the mold. I asked the customer if i could make the enclosure yellow… he just laughed :rofl:

2 Likes

Troll him with some yellow vinyl wrap.

3 Likes

i’m gonna make it yellow and then paint it black when I’m finished so that when he inevitably scratches the fuck out of this enclosure it will be brought to life :rofl:

6 Likes

Having a bit of fun with this one. Different colour for each layer, ran out of patience with the last two layers tho so they are the same reddy orange :sweat_smile:

Layup ended up being;
200gsm cloth
400gsm woven roving
800gsm woven roving
400gsm woven roving
200gsm cloth

Thing should be fucking bulletproof.

Also, one step closer to getting this trampa upgrade out of my life, all balance connectors and adapters are done, just gotta reassemble the fuckin thing and get the dude to come pick it up

I love how well this connector fits to the older style monster box.

8 Likes

The enclosure popped out of the mold exceptionally well, and with only very minor flaws. I am totally stoked with how nicely it worked. And, as expected, this thing is thicc and tough as nails.

The clearance is minimal at 46mm with the TBDDs, but I’ll be adding riptide tunnel risers which will gain me an extra 14mm for a total of 60mm clearance… i think this is just barely acceptable.

Inside will be a 12s8p P42A pack (no BMS, will balance charge with an external port) and a conflict unity with a hoyt puck.

The griptape came off like a dream, no shitty residue or anything, I was stoked.

I like to use full through inserts (chicago screws) so they were counterbored into the deck, superglued in and then epoxied on top to fill up any slop.

Also, much to the disgust of the owner, the only thing I am insisting on for this build is a sneaky skin job…

It won’t be fritted, but I have plans…

9 Likes

Busy day in the shop today… sanded down the switchblade and laid down a good thick layer of white epoxy as a basecoat for the skin.

No photos, but reassembled the trampa thats been in my shop for months with it’s new 12s6p p42a, its finally getting picked up tomorrow.

Then I cleaned up and wetsanded the switchblade enclosure and gave it a few coats of paint.

Once the basecoat on the deck was almost cured but still tacky, I laid on the skin, pressed it in firmly and gave it another hour or so to cure a bit more.

In the downtime, I cleaned the workbench. Having a clean bench inspired me to do something I have been procrastinating doing for a long time… i fixed my 3d printer :rofl: its been out of action for 9 months… didnt even take me an hour to fix it :rofl:

This evening I managed to get a couple more light coats of epoxy on the skin. As it is a cotton bed sheet, it got a really bumpy texture, which I don’t want. I will let it cure, then sand and recoat tomorrow and hopefully get the smooth result I am after.

Just found out I have a few days off work. Going to try and get as much of this switchblade build done as possible.

10 Likes

On the picture it looks like you used fine glass frit :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Quick call a doctor this is to clean some thing must be wrong is he having a stroke. That or some one having a girl over and thinks he might be getting lucky tonight

Normal chos of a brilient mined I’m sure will return soon

5 Likes

I expect the board to be called “the cougar” :rofl:

2 Likes

Its called

The Pimp Bus

:rofl:

11 Likes

7 Likes