Andys table garage

Yes, those resistors should work. A single 5R 100W one will probably do the job if you have a good 90mm or 120mm fan you can have at one end blowing down the length of the tube. Rest the resistor on a kitchen/bathroom tile or something very heat resistant.

The resistor will still be VERY hot but probably not over 200°C.

1 Like

Just a quick warning…those resistors snap VERY easily. I recommend getting a spare or two.

4 Likes

I will check our local electronics shop. They should have them and would make it easy to replace if one broke.
Thx for the warning thou.

5 Likes

Apex Airs vs. Luna 350
Your opinion @Andy87

4 Likes

To my shame I need to say I did not ride the Lunas by my own yet.
So I can just give a bench test opinion which is based on static tests :sweat_smile:
Airs are proper MTB trucks, Lunas are carver trucks. For light persons the Lunas will probably work off-road till some point as well, but I don’t see a reason for doing so.
Airs I wouldn’t want to ride without bindings, Lunas should be perfect without bindings.
I think Lunas are a good choice for people who already used to ride RKP trucks on regular longboards and moving to MTB style carver.
I personally wouldn’t recommend them for heavier riders as they turn super easy even with hard bushings, but that’s just me as I don’t like too nimble trucks.

8 Likes

What’s with the censored motors? Ya tease

5 Likes

They are Flipsky motors. I covered them just that you will not curse me :joy:
Nothing spectacular going on right now. Sadly close to no free time. Haven’t been riding a board for weeks… :pensive:

7 Likes

You’ve got a crazy good hand with the paint jobs. What’s your technique?

5 Likes

Thx! I‘m not doing anything special really. Probably just lucky with the last parts I painted.
For printed parts a bit extra time for sanding and a good primer does work wonders.

2 Likes

Too long time no update here. Don’t even know what I already posted, but well… new project at work really took of most of my free time for building.
Still some big things planned for this year.
I got a set of V1 or V2 etoxx hubs I tried to install the last week on my 9“ build.

They do look so sweet, but fuck they are a pain to install really. Not sure how the design with the latest version, but I’m not really a big fan of how they are working.
The bearing seats have a slight tolerance which makes them wobble and some of the „new“ bearings they came with have been already fucked. I could eliminate that a bit by loctitingthe bearings in… we will see how that goes on the long.

Also got some idea mounts which came in raw.
They are going on my light weight build.
I‘m more or less already happy with how it is now, but here and there some new stuff is always good.
As I wanted them in black I found some guy locally who anodized them for me.
Was really surprised how quick that was.
5h and about 10€ later they looked like that.

With all parts together I can start rebuilding soon, so should be back on track till season opening.

6 Likes

Work on the angry bee today.
Girlfriend said she like the stretched tires more…
So I guess, I’ll install those today.
Left regular, right stretched.

9 Likes

Like the one or other already knows, I’m a big fan of using an external smart bms for charging over the bms implemented into the enclosure/box.
So it was about time to design a proper housing for them.
On the left it’s the V1 which is a bit on the bigger side, but includes a LCD voltage display. With it it’s easy to check voltage and no need to always open the app. On the right side there is V2 which is more on the compact side. Really like how the V2 came out.

Also got me a new charger.
After I broke the display on my big balance hobby charger last year (damaged during transportation on a trip) I wanted something I can easy take with me on weekend trips without need to worry that something will be broken.
It’s a 12s 12A charger which let me change the current from 2-12A depending on which pack I do want to charge and how much time I have for charging.
Not the most compact one, but is looking solid.

9 Likes

Also, if you change a charge port on your charger before having ever used the charger, check the polarity first.
The output cables on mine have been blue and brown. Coming from AC wiring, I was like, sweet, than plus should be brown, negative blue :ok_hand:
Decided to double check with the multimeter and it was exactly the opposite.
I did a bit of research after and it seems that this is common use in car installations etc.
So always check polarity if you are not sure.

• for today, I learned something new :ok_hand:
6 Likes

Yikes. :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

1 Like

Nothing happened, so all good.
Just a reminder to everyone to check polarity :joy:

3 Likes

That charger looks sweet! Got a link?

3 Likes

Sure

3 Likes

Got some days off work, so started with the spring cleaning of my light jump board.
Made some black sprockets

Some axle spacer

Cleaned up the rims… yes it’s oil from the chains…

Fresh tires and some red screws, because it’s the small things that count

Motor mounts and motors need to be changed as well, but for today it’s good.

6 Likes

Too much going on the last weeks, so just little time to work on my boards, but I finally made it to finish a small lipo battery box for jump sessions.
The display has attached a temp sensor which is fixed in the box and will show the voltage as well as the temperature. Looking forward to see how hot the packs really get when I push them hard.
Was always wondering, so I guess I soon can find out.

5 Likes

Things are not really getting better.
Rough weeks… needed to sell a lot of my esk8 stuff and my 3D printer, but I finally made it through and packed up everything. With a bit luck my belongings are going to be picked up next week and it will take about a month till everything arrives in Germany. So the next weeks I’ll be out of building for real.
Ok ok, maybe I still can manage to do the silicone mold I was planning to do in the next days :smile:
I need those custom bushings :man_facepalming:

5 Likes