Andys table garage

you got pics?

1 Like

I have a thread here. I learned a lot from this build.

3 Likes

Researching regarding high pivot bikes lead me to this design which I really like, but have no idea how I could ever get that into my board. The moving link would stick out to the bottom and reduce the clearance by quite a bit.

Further research needed I guess…

1 Like

Two hours later…. :joy:
Even though it’s not a high pivot, this 4 bar linkage which is used on the Scott Ransom bike could be the design I might adapt.

Also highly recommend the videos from this YouTube channel if you are looking for different suspension types and how they do work.

Only thing I’m not sure if it’s good or bad with this design is, that the base plate angle will change so slightly with up and down movements.
First thought is that it’s maybe not so bad when hitting a rock, the baseplate angle gets lower, which should stiffen up the steering, which should reduce wobble.:face_with_monocle:

As usual I’m happy to hear your thoughts on this one.

1 Like

I think you’ll run into shock packaging issues with linkage style suspension. You want the most foot room possible. That leaves putting the shocks as far away from the center of the board as possible or actually putting the shocks in the center of the board and having long arms.

2 Likes

I don’t know how that could be integrated. In this case the armes would run across the place where the bindings are located. Would need a wide frame to make that work.

Not so easy to find the right setup with the limited space available on our boards.

1 Like

With shocks in the middle the arms would run under the deck. Thinking about it more that would probably limit you to a single pivot suspension where the angle of the trucks changes thought the suspension travel. Ground clearance might also be issue… Different suspensions have different trade offs, I think your original suspension concept has potential, you just have to play with the geometry.

2 Likes

Long time no update…
So, well, I finally moved. Most of my esk8 parts are with me, but not all yet.
My big dream was to have a workshop with enough space for some new tools.
Unfortunately this will not happen in the next near future. We moved in a big city and to rent a small place with maybe 25 square meters will set me back as minimum 350€ a month, plus it will be not even close to our flat. With my 10 hours shifts atm I definitely have not enough spare time to also drive another 20-30min through the city to get to my workshop.
With it I had only one option left, which is the mini mini storage room in our basement. It’s about 3x2m which is really small, but I need to make it work.

First steps where made today. I did build a small bunker to safely store my battery packs.

Monday I should get my drawer workbench delivered. I than can start to unpack all the bits and parts which still in boxes. I definitely need to set some parts on side and put them up for sale. Will keep only my boards I really do ride or which are still in progress.

One update to my quad project.
Still struggling to find the right suspension, but I’ll get back on that one soon too.
Baseplate for the trucks have been made already. Looks like the hanger will take some more time unfortunately.

3 Likes

I finally got a drawer and with it I have a small workbench and don’t need to work on the floor anymore :joy:

I will have to think a bit more how to put things to maximize my free work space.
The one thing that does cause me a bit headache is my voron 3D printer. I really don’t know where to place that one best. I already thought about going back to an ender3, which I probably could just place somewhere in our flat as that one is relatively silent and a decent size.
Buuuut idk.
I probably should first finish building and setting up the voron before I make a decision :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Glad you kept this. Always liked this board.

4 Likes

Well, I’m just about to take it apart and sell it for parts. :grimacing: It was planned to be the board for my wife, but as we are back in Germany I don’t think she will ever drive with it.

3 Likes

Couldn’t hold myself back to get the new DWIII deck :grimacing:
As it’s going to be my first not electric MTB, I could hold myself back from getting the new matrix 3 trucks thou :joy:
It’s a mix of old and new parts and I really like it a lot. Great deck, nice pop.

I also finally managed to get all my esk8 parts to my workshop. I‘m still struggling to fit everything and still have place to work, but I’m getting there eventually.
Mini workshop addition: 2 mini shelves…

I also started to take apart the boards I‘m going to sell. Many good memories came up during this work, but also a sad process to take apart boards in which I put so much time and thoughts.

5 Likes