Andys table garage

You did, but I read more 68-70mm :thinking::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyways, looking good in my opinion.
Definitely could imagine to get a set for me as well but 200-220kV from Saite I guess then.

:see_no_evil: need to hold myself back.
:see_no_evil: need to stop spending money for esk8 stuff

3 Likes

that’s just me who can’t count to 100.
let me edit :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Well I made it…

Had to solder the light connectors with a 2A fuse in line as double safety.
As i do not use the remote which came with the escs I wired the 12V lights permanently on but I do want to use them really only if necessary so it way important that I can externally disconnect the lights. Did that with a waterproof barrel connector.
Did sand and paint the top covers as well.
Maybe you like it a bit more now @glyphiks :joy:

Setting up the escs was easier than I thought.
I use my Hoyt puck as remote and the front esx does have a metr module connected. I‘m very interested how the escs will perform.
Looks like I will stay with 12s for now tho.
Getting a 15-16s 2p set of lipos would cost me around 500€ and I’m just not ready for that yet. Plan is to use my old lipos till they are done and step up after with new lipos to 15-16s.

To all who complain about fresh greased gear drives coloring the walls at the first bench test… oiled chains are not better :joy:

I checked the weight as well

29.4kg without batteries.
That’s round about 3.5kg more than it was with the 10“ setup.
If I will run the board with 2p lipos vs 4p before it shouldn’t make any difference in weight at all which is very good and I didn’t expect.

I will need to solder a connector interface for my 10p VTC6 pack in future, but besides this it’s ready to ride.

Let’s hope the rain will finish soon today and the roads get a bit dry too so that I can go for a first ride.

11 Likes

Can’t wait to hear your ride impressions. Such an absolute beast.

3 Likes

After the bench test I’m a bit scared to ride it fully charged honestly, but what to make :man_shrugging::joy:

4 Likes

I have cleared my schedule and I am coming to Russia. See you soon.

8 Likes

I‘m about to buy a flat, so you directly can help with rebuilding :ok_hand::+1:
Perfect timing :joy:

8 Likes

Just looking at it gets me all high and tingling. The power just traverses the telephone screen :hushed:
Good luck on your first ride, I’d be scared to hope on it too :laughing:

I so want to build something’s like that but ugh 4wd costs so much :grimacing:

4 Likes

Yes and no. Sure it’s more expensive, but it also depends what parts you choose.
Like a quad belt/chain drive with some 6355 motors and dual escs isn’t super much more expensive than a dual 6384 with an Etoxx gear drive for example :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

That’s true if you use chain drive and smaller motors… But you have 80100 which are like 150euro each hahahaha. If I were to do like you then I wouldn’t whimper, I’d get 80100 as well :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
6355 motors are for babies

3 Likes

I would love to have them, but mine only 8085s, sorry to disappoint you.

4 Likes

I still think 6355 are the perfect size for 4WD.

7 Likes

you never disapoint Andy, unlike @BillGordon :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
8085 is still way more power than my 63100

5 Likes

4 of them yes :joy: two of them I wouldn’t be so sure.
They are strong motors, but if to open them up they look tiny.
Here a comparison:
Your motors

And here some 8085s (the mini mini one by the way is a maytech 8085…not my pictures)

5 Likes

This is a beast @Andy87, can’t wait to see it ripping

Two questions, did you run the 9" Mudpluggers for long? I really want them, but considering they are soft compound, and my hard compound 8" UrbanTreads lasted way shorter than what I expected, it’s hard for me to justify getting them. But they look so cool

And how is the cogging torque spinning these 80XX motors spinning them by hand? With such a huge gap between each stator teeth I expect it to be way more than 63XX motors

4 Likes

I have around 150km on mine and so far so good. I think @Lee_Wright had some more km on his 9“ mudplugger, guess he can tell better how they hold up. Anyway I think they are sold out till January 2021. I by the way run front 9“ mbs and only in the back the mudplugger. Like it a lot.

Hm, not sure if I understood this question right.
They are definitely harder to turn then a 63xx motor but wouldn’t say it’s cogging more when turning by hand if that’s what you asked.

4 Likes

Thanks, lets see what he has to say

Yeah, exactly that, if they are harder to turn by hand

2 Likes

I finally took it out for a ride

It’s sooo much fun and super stable. Those 11“ tires run with no wobble at all. It’s like riding on clouds when riding on asphalt :joy:
Still a bit rough to ride off road but with enough time and slowly riding you really get nearly everywhere. No need to worry about holes under fallen leaves, you just roll over them.
Definitely don’t want to crash at higher speed strapped to the boards thou. It’s really heavy and need a bit of practice to get the right balance when turning etc.

Arrived at my favorite spot I did give it a hard acceleration without standing on it. In 2 of 5 tires i got an abs overcurrent fault, so I need to check from where it came. Running stock FW right now, so might be just adjusting the Absolute max current setting and it’s gone.

Besides this I’m super happy how it came out.
Definitely want to take it too some trails outside of the city one day.

10 Likes

You know you have big wheels when 80xx motors with chain gears are inside the wheel perimeter :rofl:

6 Likes

She’s a dandy, Andy. :+1: Great job beefing up this beast. I think you’ve officially achieved @duffman & @nowind level status with this one. :exploding_head: Next (first) time I swing by Russia, I want a ride. (Don’t hold your breath) :wink:

3 Likes