Andys table garage

Today I once more realized that this „ah easy just a bit here and there and it’s ready“ always takes longer than expected.
I spent all day on the board today and honestly I don’t know what took me so long…
All sprockets are aligned and fixed with loctite
The threads for the battery packs are set and the velcro cut in place.
Grip tape job done as well.
Main power leads are laid and bullet connectors soldered to all the main and phase wires.
That’s how it looks now

Right now printing a top cover for the escs. In 3h I will know if it will fit or not

12 Likes

Did it fit?

3 Likes

@glyphiks
Yes it did

Like usual very tight with the ratchet, but should be just fiiiine. Need some sanding and paint and some longer m3 bolts but I can use it for sure.

6 Likes

It looks sharp Andy. Where’s your chamfers/fillets? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Needed to googled translate that… guess it says all :rofl:

9 Likes

Fuck no… didn’t understood in the morning…
The lid hole pattern is not symmetrical and I didn’t see that… fuck it. Why things can’t for from the first try.
So here we go again 3.5h.

5 Likes

Did you add some chamfers? :rofl:

6 Likes

Pfff no! Just for you not :relieved:

7 Likes

What about fillets? :grin:

6 Likes

No fish on my boards :point_up::rofl:

11 Likes

Not really much happened the last days.
Switched back to chains on my light white and just spend some quality time riding it.
Today I just wanted to go and buy some heat shrink and whooops I found those babys next to the tubes laying.

Bigger than I need but better a bit more thermal mass I thought…
My favorite work, drilling holes and cutting threads. I usually always fuck something up.

This time only one drill bit broke and one hole is a bit off, but nothing dramatic, so all in all a success :sweat_smile:

Mock up picture:

What you guys and girls think, to cut the heat sink to a smaller size, or just stay with the fuck it there is never enough thermal mass attitude and let it like it is on the last picture?

10 Likes

Leave it as it is.
In case you switch to a different ESC in the future you will not have to worry it it is big enough.

6 Likes

That’s a good point!

4 Likes

20201004_111608

Dude, what is happening here? :flushed:

5 Likes

Short circuit test.
You don’t do that with your new escs???

Nah seriously, just mock up. Wanted to look if the wire length fit like this installed.

6 Likes

Andy since you wanted to know I’ll post here. So APS motors arrived and they are smaller than I expected.
I got brutally burned by @Abusfullofnuns

So today I did the battle hardening
30ml of epoxy
5 teaspoons of microspheres
1 paddle pop stick of blue mica powder because why not :laughing:

2h of work later…

I also conformal coated the stator and windings.
Changing the bearings to some NSK DD as well.
And I added some debris protectors so rocks don’t come in. :grin::grin:
You don’t have an stl for fan covers to put over the motor do you? something like this

Anyway that wraps it up! Motors are pretty much done, time to assemble and test :partying_face:

4 Likes

Oh nice! In case you didn’t put them together yet, could you measure the stator size?
Would be interesting to see how they compare to the 6384s in size.

I never installed a fan on my motors, so I need to pass here, sorry.

1 Like

68mm Vs 54mm… I’m not sure I’m I’m measuring the right way but about a ~15mm difference between the two

1 Like

Oh nice thx a lot!
Does it just look like on the picture or is the 63100 really more slim in diameter?

Same diameter, just longer. I don’t know what is happening in the photo :joy:

2 Likes