Andys table garage

Someone needs to slice one in half to show the insides… for science.

5 Likes

Shipping this year sucks really…
But yesterday, I guess all post men waked up at the same time. Finally some parts I was waiting for quite a while arrived.

Some new protection. Always good to have.

The Uboxes for testing

And the wheel adapter for the 11“ tires

With it I have all to get my quad running.
Will be a bit work, but next week I have a week off, so we will see what I can get done.

Oh and the other day I had to go shopping with my girl. The good thing, I found a nice travel bag.
Will be a „to go I can fix all shit bag“ soon.
Basically a small tool box with the most important tools to take away on longer rides or weekend trips.

9 Likes

Nice man bag :rofl: it is definitely a good idea.

Looking forward to progress on the quad!

6 Likes

Christmas came early!

5 Likes

No there’s a resistor down the side of it only the neg spins

5 Likes

The last days I played around a bit with my quad.
Clearance check on with the 11“ wheels is looking good

Did print an adapter for the UBox.

Now I just need to find a company that can cut me that out of 7mm alu to get a bit more thermal mass on those escs.

They do look very tiny compared to the huge 200A maytechs I used before

Hope they will not overheat after 300m :sweat_smile:

Had a bit a hard time with bearing spacer as the inner two bearings do run on the 12mm axle and the outer bearing on the 15mm adapter, but I think a found a solution.

Next step will be cutting the channel for the CAN bus cables. Let’s see how that will go.

10 Likes

ive got some 6mm Ali here, if it works with shipping I could cut that for you

6 Likes

Thx Lee! I‘ll check with the company I found here how long they would need and what they will ask for cutting that plates. If their offer is shit I’ll come back to you.

5 Likes

Came out better than expected.

11 Likes

Came out very nice!
what bit is this you use for the routing? the long thing

6 Likes

It’s no bit, it’s a level or something like this. Not sure how to call it right, but basic helps to route at the same distance from the corner of the deck.

That’s the big I used

7 Likes

Last update for today.
Wires are laid down and covered with sikaflex.

21 Likes

Very clean.

4 Likes

291i?

3 Likes

andy, did you find any problems with the Maytech 200s… I’ve been running a pair for a short while and they seem pretty solid so far

but GAWD the wiring solution on them… :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I used Sika 521.

3 Likes

Yes I did. find some.

1. they have a build in NRF module, so if you want to use the trampa Wand remote it will not work as the trampa nrf dongle can’t connect (but who wants to use the trampa wand remote anyway ??? :sweat_smile:)
  2. the duty cycle measurements are not accurate (values over 95% measured). According to Mike this isn’t the case with newer FW but I never checked by my own if it is really like that.
  3. might be connected with point 2, if I used my OSRR beta remote with those escs I managed that in slightly brake position the esc inverted the signal and accelerated instead of applying brakes. That was really sketchy while riding in direction to a traffic light :sweat_smile:

Never had issue with my gt2b connected thou and I also didn’t changed the FW the last year, so I really can’t say if things are better now.
Besides this they are work horses and definitely running cool as fuck, but they are also heavy boys.

6 Likes

weird… I’ll have to look into that!! the things you find out

running FW5.01 *never noticed that, but I’ll run some logs and take a closer look

andrew mentioned that UART controllers display the wonkyness, I’ve only used Hoyt remotes, and haven’t noticed any weirdness

yup…yup…and YUP…

thanks for the reply!!!

5 Likes

With the Hoyt and those escs you should be fiiiine.
Keep me up to date if you run some logs.
Would be interested to know if the duty cycle thing is fixed with newer FW.
I first noticed that in a metr log as max duty cycle was logged at 108% what definitely can’t be. You could also see it in the live data on the bench. When ever you accelerate and than release the trigger of your remote the duty cycle will bounce up like 10% over the actual value and only than go down.

4 Likes

I’ll pay special attention to those issues brother and let ya know when I have some logs for science

3 Likes