Apex Shredquarters

So one of the things I need to do with this pack is fit a smart BMS… time to undo what I knew was going to be a nightmare

Eugh…

:nauseated_face:

:sweat_smile:

:face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

This is the shit I have to deal with and one of the reasons we are going to stop taking on work like this. I advised this guy months ago to have the battery made by someone who knows what they are doing but instead they cheaped out and this is the result. I’m thinking about refusing to attach the smart BMS if I’m honest. I dont want to be associated with this pack.

18 Likes

You sure you don’t want to slap an apex sticker on that badboy?

8 Likes

:flushed:

W
T
F

Hook the bms up and provide a stat dec saying you aren’t responsible for anything that goes wrong with the pack.

That’s not super happy fun times :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

Yeah ive been thinking and thats what im going to do.

5 Likes

It’s a shit position for you to be in, but best to be as open and transparent as possible with him.

I only fuck with shitty batteries for science or for my mates who know they should know better but like to roll the dice anyway :rofl:

Its easiest to just say no from the get go.

5 Likes

It’s a perfect way for you to throw in the “ you should have just let me build it for you” line

5 Likes

Oh god. This us the exact reason why people should buy from reputable battery builders.

There are points on this pack were almost full pack current is going through single nickel strip.

6 Likes

I deal with this type of shody work on mains electrics all the time I highly advise you to do a

report on the issues and dangers (periodic inspection)
Provide a cost of clean up and repair
Provide a cost of a replacement battery
(often cheaper to replace materials than the labour to salvage them)

If the customer then says thay don’t want it bringing up to spec you have done every thing to cover you ass. You can’t do work there not paying for. Even if you put a new BMS you can’t discharge more than 10/20Amps max

4 Likes

I’ve been through this with him. He doesn’t listen to good advise though. When he originally wanted to build the battery I urged him to leave it to a reputable builder but he wanted to save money and him and his mate were going to do it which I guess is fair enough. I also told him not to do 12S9P in the monsterbox as you can’t fit the BMS inside but he did that anyway and had an external BMS that quickly got wet and went bang. :man_facepalming:t2::man_shrugging:

Anyways we are pressing on, here you can see the Apex rear enclosure looking good, such a neat and compact solution even though it is designed for the stormcore. You don’t even need to bolt the VESC’s in as it’s compact and everything stays where it is.

7 Likes

buy cheep, buy twice.

5 Likes

More than twice when it burns the rest of your setup to the ground :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

What’s the ground clearance on those drives on 8in?

2 Likes

15 Likes

yeah this isn’t like he went with someone cheap. He got to learn. Though he forgot DIY is not cheaper.

this is reasonable. your position seems to be you wouldn’t use this pack. so don’t associate with it. but tell him why. too many short hazards. no good current planning.

but if it’s his mess and he wants to roll with it he should hook up the BMS.

unless you’re the mate he built it with. :smiley:

2 Likes

Terrible.

This is another thing I warned him about. He had the old pro belt drive and wanted to upgrade to gears. I advised him to get yours or etoxx and instead he went with Trampa… now he hates the clearance :sweat_smile:

Hes like that guy that never listens to sound advice

12 Likes

@k00k this sounds like me :eyes:

2 Likes

I call it… Schrödingers turd.

Also as a bonus I removed every Trampa part off of my board today. I feel clean.

17 Likes

I will buy them at 20% of the original price. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I’m gonna sell everything, probably keep the vescs

You can have first dibs if you want

4 Likes

Let me know what you have

3 Likes