BMS mounting inside battery pack, Printed bracket BMS mount for PCB kits

Yep tons of cleanup definitely should have tried it on it’s side, came out pretty good possibility usable.

That popsicle stick is a perfect spacer it just needs to be cut around the terminals for clearance.

2 Likes

oh I kinda forgot about the fuse, I actually was not planning on using it because I wanted to run over 100A.

I should for sure check that it works with this

Why is my latest file gone… well good thing it sucked.

I’ll make you a fuse model
@Andrew I can’t figure out how to make a pull request lol

lol it doesn’t fit well into this.

Derelict Robot Industries - 12S4P FlexPCB Build Guide
@Benjamin I notice you don’t use it in your tutorial, do you think I should fit it into this design?

1 Like

tempted to try printing it like this with no supports

they are pretty minimal so might as well

The tabs broke mega easily when I switched to a weaker filament, supported slot all de way!

maybe could use some more beef

ah fuck rip this print

it’s stuck

1 Like

The fuse was something I added on the newest 2.0 pcb. I’ve got a model for it as well, just haven’t updated it.

1 Like

It’s ok I didn’t need those two hours anyway
I am here:

I want to make the terminal connections hold the printed part on to the battery somehow, basically when they are screwed on the plastic can’t be moved at all.

Yep, wasn’t part of the kit at the time. I will be updating that soon for the new kits. That said, I personally dont believe in fusing my main pack leads. Charge port, yes. Circuit that keeps me from dying? No.

1 Like

I mean you can use it in the design for sure there just isn’t a lot of room so wiring would be even tighter. Plus I want more power
@Andrew is two parallel fuses a bad idea? also how would you connect them to the terminal, I was thinking stacking with a copper spacer.

Before we go there, why 2 fuses in parallel?

2 Likes

C’mon man, your bill gordon is showing

2 Likes

Yes. If you expect to have loads consistently above 75A, just remove the fuse from the system.

That said, i would love to see some logs showing you pulling more than 75A total for more than a few seconds at a time. Thats big power.

2 Likes

Yeah but two fuses isn’t the correct answer to wanting a higher ceiling, fetus. I was asking a question to lead the answer. Gen Z’ers, I’ll tell ya.

There are 150a amp fuses available if that’s what you’re trying to do, but also consider the fact that you’re not going to realistically be using anywhere close to that power.

1 Like

So with a dual vesc6 set to 99 batt amps each unlikely to ever burn out the 100A fuse?

150A sounds safer but I could try 100.

We don’t work in straightforward ways

The balance wires need a channel below the positive output wire or a hole to come up in the middle then loop around into the BMS