Buy Stuff From China

Living in the arse end of the world no where europe or US. I get a lot of my supplies from china or Amazon. Recently with the aid of google translate and a Chinese speaking mate I ordered some parts from Toabao.com after screwing around and having the freight forwarded the parcel went missing. Has anyone had better luck with this eco system, I deal with china with my business (CCTV) and use a freight forwarder in HK. But taobao.com is just a hot mess even if you can translate the site.

7 Likes

taobao is a sure mess, but I’ve never lost anything that they ship, im not sure about overseas, but HK is pretty alright here.

3 Likes

It’s not the same thing of course, but when I order things in from AliExpress to Singapore, my success/delivery rate is excellent.

Taobao has always been too hard to navigate for me, so never used it. Sorry you had a shit experience.

6 Likes

Yup. I order a ton of stuff from Ali, and the record I have with it is great.

One package that didn’t show but got a full refund. That’s after two plus years of buying a while bunch of stuff.

Edit - today’s arrival, a lifetime worth of 300mm wide 200gsm UD carbon fibre :ok_hand:

11 Likes

Taobao is amazing imo. Only had a few bad buys

I have a lot of stuff added to my cart, mainly esk8 related so I can just visit the basket when I need something and tell my factory to purchase it✌️

4 Likes

I’m gonna need a link for that UD please Rosco :joy:

4 Likes

Haha. Opened it up and had a look to check looks ok - seems fine (I’m no expert)

200mm kitchen knife for scale :rofl:

NZ$ 6.10 11% Off | 12k 200g UD Carbon Fiber Fabric Unidirectional cloth For Building And Bridge construction and repair

The link is for 200mm width but they can customise it. 300mm fits my planned DIY deck project I figure. :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

Oh shit. I had to quit out of it. So many awesome recommended products :joy: i need to make some bank before visiting Ali :joy:

5 Likes

Wishlist them bro. They’ll all still be there later.

Yeah there’s heaps of cool stuff on there. I have just focussed on getting all the stuff I want for trying to make decks recently, but the coloured and different weave carbon fabrics are super tempting.

Bought some aramid fabric the other day…

4 Likes

I’ve been drinking Ross. I can’t be trusted around shopping websites when I’ve been drinking :joy:

I have a notes section in my phone where I save links like this for times when the cash flow is plentiful :ok_hand:

4 Likes

I make my best purchases when drinking. :joy:(It’s easy l, because that is very often :laughing:)
But I have enough composites supplies now. A bit more epoxy and I’m set for a long time.

4 Likes

Oh I do too :joy: but sober me and my bank account are often harder work than the hangover.

4 Likes

which freight forwarder do you use to buy from Taobao?

5 Likes

oh hey are you in US @rosco I could use some of that :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Haha. New Zealand bro.
Sorry

2 Likes

25 posts were merged into an existing topic: Composites Ramble

Bit of sweet talk with factories :joy:

3 Likes

Do You mind sweet talking them into sending batteries to Tahiti?

7 Likes

None of us feel bad for you. Tahiti, bro.

9 Likes

@Tamatoa i feel your pain brother, dont let these mainlanders trivialize the challenges of island life. solidarity!

6 Likes