Dear Diary, today on my esk8

This is the beginning. I tried to ride it home but it ended up stripping almost completely and me walking home with full protective gear under the sun…

5 Likes

Ouch man, any idea what specifically caused the breakage?

2 Likes

Nope.
Mesh was perfect, nothing had moved, I did no stupid stuff like landing while breaking.
This gear is 1.5 years old and has approx. 1000-1500km on it so my guess is fatigue.

7 Likes

This makes me nervous. I’ve got well over that distance since late spring. Are there high mileage gears in the wild or is this normal life span?

2 Likes

Is that 5:1 gearing or taller?

2 Likes

@Abusfullofnuns
At least half of it is off road which I guess matters to some extent.
Here is some typical terrain I ride.

I guess the constant loss of traction and then re-grip puts extra stress on the gears.

@Venom121212
5:1 gearing (40:8)
The small pinion also results in less teeth meshing.

7 Likes

Whats up with the audio?

3 Likes

Give me a break mooner.
Insta360 one r onboard mic is shit and I am also shit at editing.
I used the wrong setting when exporting the video but by the time I figured it out it was too late.
Until I have a landline again no more YouTube uploads.

3 Likes

Sorry at the start I was like this is the quietest board in the world :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It is.

3 Likes

Getting after it there. Nice.

3 Likes

New PR today, 48 mph / 78 kph with a good tail wind.

10 Likes

finn_space_mind_blown

10 Likes

20201009_070253

a7b3b3_63738ccbb2074839acf23e4ef5da3fe5

10 Likes

You belong in dad jail.

5 Likes

Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby. My protective gear collection is proportionate to my scar collection.

5 Likes

This was actually last night but still awesome:

A friend came over because her 14 year old is interested in my electric skateboard and asked for one for Christmas. He’s never tried one, even a push board. I told them to come over and brought out the kids board and my slowest hub urethane board on slow mode. Her other son is 8 and friends with my son came too to play.

They started all riding around at about 7 and stayed up until 9:30, zipping around the neighborhood on boards. 2 other kids stopped by and joined in the fun, it was beautiful :pleading_face:

She bought the 14 year old a meepo v3 and the 8 year old a silly swag tron like board that he can sit on until he decides he wants to stand up and skate.

Just got a text from one of the other kids parents recommending a Christmas board too.

That would bring the neighborhood esk8 army to a total of 7!

15 Likes

The Pied Piper of esk8. Nicely done.

11 Likes

Karen gonna be pissed :rofl:

7 Likes

I finished my first build after six months!!! Took board out for maiden voyage down the hallway of my apartment tonight!

12 Likes