Dear Diary, today on my esk8

quick ride around the beach park before all the tourists come back

6 Likes

Fuck me sideways if that doesnā€™t look like a great setting. Jelly.

4 Likes

wife was following me on her bike
her: ā€œwhy do so many people wave and ask about your boardā€
me: ā€œbecause itā€™s impolite to comment on my bikiniā€

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Well roll over and I will see what I can do. @billgordon

2 Likes

bill. I think you are awesome. and I hope I never ever fall into this strange extra personal form of bill banter that happens around here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the lowest rocket iā€™ve ever seen on relive. Iā€™m impressed.

2 Likes

you are spot on in fact its one of the reasons i waited to post it. the island re-opened to transpacific visitors last week and its already getting busy. thats as fast as we could go given the traffic, speed bumps, and folks crossing the street with boards and canoes.

plus we wanted to take our time anyway

3 Likes

My friend got a boosted board and one of the zero x scooters! :partying_face:

We cruised around 15 miles or soā€¦ I swapped boards, he swapped to the scooter, and we blasted another 20 miles.

I tried the scooter and was honestly surprised at the getup. The throttle curve on it is super wonky though. Immediate over propulsion before it smooths out. Got it up to 38 mph though which was crazy. Very awkward to ride standing up like that though.

The brakes. What the hell. I consider myself an intelligent person so naturally I tried it the brakes at low speed as lightly as possible. It was still a harder stop than my mtb at full throttle. I couldnā€™t figure it out so I just coasted to stops.

Interestingly, the brake is 2 stage. Itā€™s electrical/regen for most of it and then switches to solely manual clamp style brakes at low speed. Very odd but excited to have a friend nearby with something that can mostly keep up and still skate.

5 Likes

My bike is like that. Plus it cuts all throttle input for as long as it detects the brake being pulled (very useful when getting on)

1 Like

Yeah I like the idea of it so I can fully brake on a hill but the the e brake was stupidly strong.

I couldnā€™t physically pull the lever slow enough to not jolt forward.

I rode one of them. Got it close to 60kph but the handle was so wobbly it sketched me out.

3 Likes

Yeah it needs to be wider or harder to turn or something. I definitely didnā€™t feel natural or cool on it.

2 Likes

That part I couldnā€™t tell you. I can activate/deactivate the e-brake and adjust it through the controllerā€™s app

1 Like

Today on my esk8 I did various kettlebell lifts while balancing on my board. Was able to balance and do all that for almost 45 min!

7 Likes

Fuck around, Fuck around, so a couple weeks ago I put a new flipshit remote on some focboxā€™s and ran vesc tool blah blah blahā€¦ Donā€™t know how the fuck cruise control got turned on luckily it was at like 8 MPH and not super busy out. But it was stuck on, responded to nothing I rode it for like 6 miles fucking with it turning it off and on. Got home ran it through vt again and itā€™s been fine so far.
Talk about life and death situations. I ride hard and fast, just like my mom, I Donā€™t get scared much,(Iā€™ve showered in jail before,) until Iā€™m approaching a stop sign at an intersection thatā€™s usually busy as hell and have no brakesā€¦ No brakes, or acceleration! Just fucking 8mph, thatā€™s it. Bullshit, lol like ok, if a carbisb coming fucking throttle the hell out of it, nope 8mph and reading the news paper driving ms Daisyā€¦ Cruise control, I want names of everyone who uses it, Iā€™m getting life insurance policies on all you muttafuckkasā€¦ Should probably get one on @BillGordon anyway.

2 Likes

A scarf makes a fine sling, thank you shakedown ride, Iā€™ll be in the bong room if anyone needs me for a 2 weeks or so.

6 Likes

Hit Central Oahu Regional Park today. Busier than I expected but good time as always.

1 Like

Slow :skateboard: around Magic Island with better half. Was raining a few blocks away but we stayed high and dry

5 Likes

Yesterday on Madness i broke yet another of the etoxx wheel gearsā€¦

The board is in a state of disrepair that I absolutely cannot be fucked with. So I sold it :rofl:

I am now boardless :flushed: need to get my hummie hub build happening quick.

17 Likes

Makes perfect sense. Why spend some time to repair a board, that took you tens if not hundreds of hours to make, when you can sell it and start all over again :rofl:

10 Likes