DRI DIY Battery Supply

Hey folks! Your friendly neighborhood corporate shill here.

We officially have our shelves stocked for our initial DIY Battery Building Supply section in our shop!

Thanks to your generous support over these short last few months, we’ve been able to order in some additional battery building supplies to hopefully make your adventures in not setting things on fire all the merrier. This not only means we’ve been able to add some new stuff, but we’ve also reduced cost across most of our offerings in DIY supplies.

Anyway, here’s some new stuff!

The updated DIY Supply section can be found here (along with individual Battery PCBs):

FlexPCB Battery Kits can be found here:

The various FlexPCB kits have been a big hit and we’ve just got more stock in on those now. Included is a new 12S4P 20700/21700 FlexPCB kit that is built to fit our lovely @Kaly’s 2.0 Enclosure. Please note, Nickel for the 20700/21700 kits is still incoming, so we are offering PCB only per request.

(^ Now available in 25/50/100 packs, per request)
15 Likes

@glyphiks mate I hope you can organise a Aussie /NZ group buy for some of this DRI tech.

5 Likes

For sure dude, if there is enough interest. Maybe once some more freesk8 goodies are available?

6 Likes

Dude absolutely, I’d be all over that shiz. Been researching over a week for where best to purchase all the necessities (fish paper, nickel etc).

4 Likes

Aliexpress is where I get most of my battery building stuff from. Usually takes about a month to get here, but generally I’ve had pretty good luck

3 Likes

please make sure you dont forget about the importance of stickers to the end customers.

4 Likes

Is there a compact 12s4p PCB for 21700s?

3 Likes

There will be. Thoon.

Nickel should be in next week so things will be updated on the site in coming days.

5 Likes

Did you find a vendor on AliExpress with really real nickel strips?

4 Likes

I’ve ordered from here several times with no issue :+1:

AU $74.96 21%OFF | T0.15 W12mm pure nickel belt 18650 26650 li-ion battery nickel plate 0.15*12mm nickel terminal 99.9% pure nickel strip

4 Likes

Thanks!!!

5 Likes

^ Would you look at that.

Ayyyy

13 Likes

Are the rectangular red bits just locating pins for the pcb?

4 Likes

They’re 6x12mm protrusion tabs. 4x per p-group to lock it in + a larger one in the center that had an embedded nut. That + silicone and these cells are going nowhere.

6 Likes

Got any solution for a 10p big boi?

Should be getting a new spot welder soon!

6 Likes

I’m so tempted to try to make a battery but I feel as if it’ll go kaboom. Kinda crazy, I had absolutely no clue you had a store and just recently knew you made a forum. Kinda late to this lol

6 Likes

Demand has not really been there vs 12S4P, and each design variant on these bigger PCBs has a pretty large upfront cost in manufacturing a decent sized run due to current shipping costs.

6 Likes

Yea I figured as much. I just need some fat nickel. Gonna get a maletrics soon too!

4 Likes

Nickel, you say?

8 Likes

I’m wondering what all I would need for my battery though. If I should get some of dem wide ones and modify them to work for my battery or if just a regular roll would work better.

5 Likes