DRI DIY Battery Supply

Is there a compact 12s4p PCB for 21700s?

3 Likes

There will be. Thoon.

Nickel should be in next week so things will be updated on the site in coming days.

5 Likes

Did you find a vendor on AliExpress with really real nickel strips?

4 Likes

I’ve ordered from here several times with no issue :+1:

AU $74.96 21%OFF | T0.15 W12mm pure nickel belt 18650 26650 li-ion battery nickel plate 0.15*12mm nickel terminal 99.9% pure nickel strip

4 Likes

Thanks!!!

5 Likes

^ Would you look at that.

Ayyyy

13 Likes

Are the rectangular red bits just locating pins for the pcb?

4 Likes

They’re 6x12mm protrusion tabs. 4x per p-group to lock it in + a larger one in the center that had an embedded nut. That + silicone and these cells are going nowhere.

6 Likes

Got any solution for a 10p big boi?

Should be getting a new spot welder soon!

6 Likes

I’m so tempted to try to make a battery but I feel as if it’ll go kaboom. Kinda crazy, I had absolutely no clue you had a store and just recently knew you made a forum. Kinda late to this lol

6 Likes

Demand has not really been there vs 12S4P, and each design variant on these bigger PCBs has a pretty large upfront cost in manufacturing a decent sized run due to current shipping costs.

6 Likes

Yea I figured as much. I just need some fat nickel. Gonna get a maletrics soon too!

4 Likes

Nickel, you say?

8 Likes

I’m wondering what all I would need for my battery though. If I should get some of dem wide ones and modify them to work for my battery or if just a regular roll would work better.

5 Likes

You def just wanna get a roll bro. 30mm :ok_hand:

3 Likes

^ This.

I was just shamelessly plugging my warez

7 Likes

@Andrew is there any chance you are developing a panel mount xt90s? I think this would sell well. Always been curious as to why these don’t exist yet.

8 Likes

I think I’ve seen a few such things that exist as little mounting brackets machined from aluminum- but the biggest factor here is cost. To do it properly you’d probably just want to have a complete injection mold made, and I’m pretty sure they use a cast-in-place for the internal bullets/resistor in the XT-90S (more cost).

Possible that we could do a panel mount for them like @SeanHacker did for the MR60 connectors though.

6 Likes

Gotcha, yeah I’ve ordered a few of the aluminum mounts, but they coming from China, and even some other mounts for an xt90. The whole mold cost makes sence…but xt60 has a panel mount, the kind you are selling in the DRI store, a bit surprised this hasn’t been done for an xt90.

5 Likes

I think I have around 3 variants of single xt-90 mount panels already done. I could just mirror and add a bolt hole and done. Fusion machine screen is taken for just a bit though.

You wanting dual? Do people even use dual? Not sure why I’m even thinking about this. Ha

8 Likes