E-motorcycle

I found a good base for a motorcycle I want to convert. Does a know a good place to get some good motors for a motorcycle? (Road bike, it’s a Vulcan 800)

5 Likes

qs motor?

5 Likes

Still new to the pev world. I dunno what that is haha I just saw something for a good price that I would like to make electric… researching more now.

4 Likes

I know alien power will make you custom stuff.

4 Likes

oh actually this is the “big” motor I have been looking at.

4 Likes

For a bike that big, I would go with a Zero 75-7 if you can find one or an ME1507.

6 Likes

Think that will be enough? That’s basically what I am running on my board. Except 12s. Don’t get me wrong my board has balls to the walls but a bike is gonna be a lot more weight. Plus it will have room for someone special :hugs:

2 Likes

So your board has 14.5kw and can operate at 600a???

That motor he posted is a big ole boi

2 Likes

Missed the 14.5 kw :joy::joy::joy: mine is only 8. And if I had more room for battery it could do 800 peak. Per spec I don’t believe if personally. But my battery is only pushing 200 atm. That’s basically what I am asking. Will these slight increases be enough to run a reasonably heavier vehicle? I wanna go fast. Almost double the power though I gues it just depends on my power source and controller.

1 Like

From the DIY emoto builds I have seen, hub motors are gonna be your cheapest/simplest option. And the big boy hub motors are still gonna make enough torque for wheelies if you can push the amps.

3 Likes

12s for electric motorcycle seems low.
Commercial ebikes already run 13s
I would try and find something that goes more.in the 16s range.
Then you won’t need 800a packs and 800a worth of heat to shed

2 Likes

It really depends on the goals for the eMoto. If I were building one, i would probably go 20s or more on a 12kv hub motor.

4 Likes

Yeah I definitely want to do higher voltage… I am still kicking the idea around so haven’t done too much research.

2 Likes

Whats your speed goals? Thats usually a good place to start.

1 Like

88mph

9 Likes

RION 150V controller, imo. Now let’s talk motors…

2 Likes

I think 80v is roughly the sweetspot for switching efficiency, which is one of the reasons why a lot of the ebike/motorcycle guys over on endless sphere run 20 or 21s. Plus it’s easier to find 72v controllers that don’t break the budget.

2 Likes

I still cant decide if I go all out and build an e-motorcycle or keep on with the plan on the e-bike,

1 Like

I’m probably going to go all out and build an e-motorcycle in 2021

3 Likes

So I have been wanting to convert a car or motorbike to electric within the next few years. It would be cool to do my car but I reckon a bike will be much simpler and cheaper, and the car works as it is so…

I’ve been keeping an eye on Facebook and Craigslist every now and again in case anything comes up. No idea what I’m looking for in a bike so I’m not going to pick one up before I have a better plan.