E-motorcycle

Dude thank you so much

@Jujo Oh btw if you go down my route, warning!
Make sure you look at width of motor. Measure multiple times…I didn’t. And if you don’t either, get ready for a world of pain trying to fit the new one. It took my vendor’s shop 2 days of modifying the frame and making jigs to make the wider motor fit

1 Like

@Jujo And also the battery space. Its humongous. Seriously, it’s big as hell. I have a 20s14p of 18650s inside a battery case. Had to fill in void with workspace floor mats. Could probably have gone 20s20p at minimum

1 Like

Is there any way I can just buy any frame from them?

Don’t think so. They go to vendor mostly preassembled in crates

1 Like

3 Likes

Here’s the batterie it comes with (give you an idea of how much space you can have)
They’re placed 2x3 lengthwise

1 Like

And those Tesla cells are cheap as hell :ok_hand:. So whole bike is $2k. Oh yes… But how much is the upgraded motor and esc?

1 Like

QSmotor hubs are about $350usd landed, the votol paired ESC is ~$200usd landed. I would arguably start with a former ICE clean titled motorcycle so you can legally register it as a motorcycle. But Marc has my respect for riding a 32kmh licensed scooter at 80kmh.

5 Likes

How easy is it to gut out a bike?

1 Like

Depending on the model it can vary from incredibly easy to consistently swearing until its over. 400cc Ninjas are the common donor body and its as simple as removing fairing, remove every bolt you can find sans swing arm/handle bars and then you lift the gasoline tank out, slide the engine/gearbox out the side, and its pretty much stripped down to frame. Endless-sphere has really good build logs for emoto conversions if youre seriously considering it.

4 Likes

I’d love to take an old bobber frame and build it out as an e bike

2 Likes

I bobbed the last two bikes I owned but never made one electric…

2 Likes

This is my next big build.
Chinesium Bomber ebike\MTX Frame (on order)
8Kw/12Kw Hub and controller (looking at options)
20S8P Battery Sony VTC6 (on order)
75/200 Vesc still looking at options (I really need 84Volts)
Robogotchi
250Watt Sticker & pedals for Street Legality

5 Likes