eMTB vs Carver builds

That’s the baseplate tho, not the hanger. Can definitely understand flipping the baseplate making a difference, but not the hanger

5 Likes

This is different. The MBS hanger is more or less symmetrical, maybe a better term would be centered between the baseplate since it is not exactly symmetrical.
Flipping the baseplate would from what I see should not have a considerable effect on the MBS.

The Trampa is different, the hanger is asymmetrical and flipping it changes the rake.

6 Likes

Guys I was just adding info, not arguing. Dry your panties.

The way the baseplate on the matrix 2s are, the wedges aren’t perfectly centered but it barely changes anything.

3 Likes

Our panties are always wet when it comes to you Justin :wink:

7 Likes

My baseplate is definitely not installed backwards :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah we really are splitting hairs here :rofl: but, its all valid information :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Everything else being equal with a street carver type build, mountain board type deck, matrix 2 trucks/wheels, do you feel there is a noticeable difference in carving and stability performance using a top mounted battery vs a under deck mounted battery?

4 Likes

I’d have to imagine undermount gives a better distribution of the weight. But I’ve never actually carved for more than 5 minutes on a build with undermounted hardware

2 Likes

Thanks Flasher. I’m in Canada just east of the rockies. It gets cold out here so our roads and such get a lot of frost heaving in the spring and shit is just overall pretty rough where ever you go. I have a deck on 120 cloud wheels which works pretty good for the pavement and sidewalks but I’m piecing together the parts for more of a street carver with some offroad ability. Really hung up on on putting the battery over or under the deck, I really like to carve, just unsure if a top box will make feel wonky or not.

4 Likes

A few members here have both and could chime in better than I.

1 Like

It won’t bro. I can’t notice the difference at all, after all you are talking a small fraction of the overall weight on top of the board when you add yourself to the equation, so the center of gravity is way above the deck anyways in either config.

I would say top mount, it’s deffo in my eyes the best way as you can then go anywhere and ultimately that is the best thing about these big boards

9 Likes

That’s why I love my boards…but I want atleast one undermount build so I can finally have a senderized deck

6 Likes

Why-Not-Both-meme

13 Likes

Great shot of a tasty board, JDiddle.

4 Likes

Cus I don’t want anything other than my feet on top of the board if I’m going to pay the price

3 Likes

Awesome. Thanks Lee, that was what I needed to hear!

3 Likes

Where you at? Calgary? I’m in Edmonton.

3 Likes

I’m in calgary Ralph, cool, Edmonton isn’t that far, perhaps some day we could meet for a rip

4 Likes

Yeah I already have a good street machine so I’m not against having an above deck battery.

3 Likes

Thank you friend. I’m really really enjoying this board a whole lot.

4 Likes