FreeSK8 Mobile App (Android & iOS)

Plenty exciting. Do you have some sort of Bluetooth module? Did your access get updated within the last couple of hours. Try again if you haven’t.

5 Likes

Yep I got it! Thanks for adding me. I got the robogotchi+gps module. My deck is currently getting skinned so I hope to be up and running in a couple weeks :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

I know it hasn’t been very long but a handful of fixes (hopefully) are ready. With the feedback from the beta test group we identified improvements that could be made to the Robogotchi firmware update process, the real time data view, speed profiles, the PPM calibration routine and more! Please keep the feedback coming and stay safe while testing.

FreeSK8 Mobile Version 0.12.0 is in review for both platforms and bundled with it is a small but very useful Robogotchi update. This update allows a phone to re-pair the Bluetooth connection without having to hold down B1 on the Robogotchi.

Almost forgot, we added a feature. The TCP Bridge can be enabled in the menu once connected to an ESC. This will allow you to connect to your ESC from other applications like vesc-tool via FreeSK8 Mobile’s Bluetooth connection. Say what? :exploding_head: Yeah, it might not be for everyone. Kind of an advanced feature but I’ve enabled it for testing. If you need help let us know :slight_smile:
*Keep in mind, once TCP Bridge is enabled you will not get ESC data in the FreeSK8 application until you turn it off or reconnect.

There are other features in the works but they won’t happen as quickly so future updates are expected to take a little longer than usual. Thank you for all the help finding issues and making suggestions.

FreeSK8 Mobile v0.12.0

* Added TCP Bridge to provide ESC data to other applications
* Fix long decimal values seen in the ESC Configurator
* Fixes for switching between menu items
* Simplify the PPM Calibration routine
* Fixes for Real Time data view with Multi ESC enabled
* Display current initialization step in Connection dialog
* Added reset button to Speed Profiles
* Improvements to the Robogotchi Firmware update process
* Adjust padding in Input Configuration view

bundled firmware:

Robogotchi v0.7.3

* Allow bluetooth repairing without clearing bonds
11 Likes

There is one update released and one in review!

Quick notes:

• After updating the Robogotchi to 0.8.1 you must re-save your Robogotchi Configuration from the mobile app. This isn’t normally required but we are going through some growing pains.

• To view debug information at any time shake or bump your mobile device 3x times. There is a share button across the top next to the + and - buttons. If something doesn’t go as expected in the app please try sharing your debug information via email.

In review:

v0.13.1

* Fix processing of duty cycle when parsing logs
* Display logged distance and energy consumption
* Fix length of battery and motor current values in real time data

Released:

v0.13.0

* Process GPS time synchronization from log files
* Create debug log that can be shared with developers
* Automatically include timezone with Robogotchi configuration
* Zoom ride map to route in log file viewer
* Fixes for disconnected device indication
* Change color interpolation for map polyline
* Other fixes and improvements

Latest Robogotchi Firmware:

v0.8.1

* Automatically perform GPS time synchronization
* Compute unique GotchiNet registration code
* Relocate minigame
11 Likes

Nice work Renee!

Is there planned to be an implementation that when you select a specific point on the graph, it shows up as a point on your route on the map?

Or vice versa? Or both? :grin:

8 Likes

Consider it done

7 Likes

Wait. What?!

5 Likes

That caught my eye too

4 Likes

That must be a typo. Ain’t nobody got time for programming games :wink:

6 Likes

This pains me to admit but I made a pretty big mistake. For some reason I was working in local time and not thinking about the big picture until now. Local time varies depending on geographic location and is not ideal for data logging. I’ve known this before this project so it’s kind of an embarrassing fuck up but what can I say? I’m not perfect.

Unfortunately this means previous log files you’ve generated will display the incorrect time. I hope you will find it in your hearts to forgive me and I thank you for your patience :slight_smile: A few other changes also made their way into the new release that is currently in review for both platforms.

FreeSK8 Mobile

v0.13.2

* Send and expect UTC time from Robogotchi
* Show map icon for current graph selection
* Requesting battery_level from ESC
* Cosmetic changes to Calendar view

Robogotchi Firmware

v0.8.2

* Switch to UTC time keeping (my bad)
16 Likes

How do I get the android app? I already ordered the HW. I’m gonna be pretty sad if i bought the thing and can’t use the app. I filled out he form if that matters. If I can’t use the app I’ll ask for a refund I guess.

Edit: I got helped! These guys are great!

3 Likes

Hey Jack-

Let me check this out. Hang on a sec.

4 Likes

I see you already got updated on Telegram.

5 Likes

We’re still in closed beta, so its invite-only. Working up to a public release in the next month or so.

Your sign-up was received this morning & you’ll get an invite in the very near future. Cheers.

6 Likes

Developments are still pretty continuous here. Much thanks to the many bugs I’ve created and all of you for finding and reporting them. A new version has been submitted for review and will be available shortly.

The Robogotchi now reports the last priority audio alert. So if you are out riding and you hear it beeping but you stop and it’s not beeping anymore you’ll be able to connect and see what that alert was all about. Reasons currently reported:

• Robogotchi Fault
  • ESC Fault
  • Robogotchi Storage Limit Reached
  • ESC Over Temperature
  • Motor Over Temperature
  • Battery Voltage Low

We also know those audio alerts can be annoying sometimes so we have added an audio snooze option. From the connection status page you can temporarily disable audio alerts for a custom duration by tapping the new bell icon. When snooze is active the remaining time is displayed in the status bar. To disable snooze tap the bell icon again and audio alerts will immediately resume.

A handful of problems have hopefully been resolved in this release. When updating the Robogotchi no special steps are required this time :relieved:

FreeSK8 Mobile
v0.14.0

* Display Robogotchi priority alert status
* Display Robogotchi audio snooze duration
* Allow Robogotchi snooze duration to be set
* Show distance with ride log entries
* Fixes for decimal input using ','
* Fixes for sync with invalid contents
* Fix display of new telemetry packet
* Fix order of operations for Wh/time calculation
* Compute ESC speed and distance with log files
* Fixes for gear ratio and wheel diameter input
* Fixes for chart in log file viewer
* Update charting library
* Upgrade to Flutter 2.0
* Rename ESC Configurator to Motor Configuration
* Other fixes and improvements
Robogotchi Firmware
v0.9.0

* Support Robogotchi Xenity module 
* Allow melodies to be temporarily disabled
* Report latest priority alert reason
* Report unique Robogotchi ID
* Connected display is now optional
* Fix for automatic time synchronization
* Other improvements
14 Likes

Thanks for all the hard work!

9 Likes

Such a great job @skate420!!!

7 Likes

Woot Woot!

Was there any change to how the efficiency is calculated?

5 Likes

There was a change to how it was calculated over time for the chart in ride log viewer.

5 Likes

Interesting, I feel like it is more accurate now with what I regularly get. Cool cool cool

6 Likes