Louis's Alpine Workbench

I would like one of those things please.

3 Likes

If only international shipping wasn’t so expensive…

They are not that hard to make, just a bit time consuming.
@Benjamin maybe you should start making and selling these :grinning:

3 Likes

Ya know what? This might just work :rofl:

Been busy like always, climbing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Last Saturday I did a promotional comp and won :1st_place_medal:
Got some nice prizes.

As for the build I got the tires and @tinp123 sent the battery and boy oh boy is it big haha.

I’ve decided not to paint it until it all works because if it doesn’t that would be 100euro in paint wasted.

I’m currently just waiting on @Creavenger for the motor coupler, but he is moving out so no rush.

I still need to weld a steering wheel/bar and do other small bits and pieces like securing the battery in the enclosure and get all the power plugs sorted.

But God damn does this thing look like a monster bahahah. I was scared it was going to be too small, especially with the small wheel base, but now I 5hink not :grin::partying_face:

11 Likes

I really must get a robogotchi in this too. Telemetry is going to be so interesting.

5 Likes

:partying_face: Nice work!

4 Likes
6 Likes

It’s been a looon time. Like a everyone lately I’ve ben neglecting this thread, but not because I’ve been busy with the project, but because I haven’t done much :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

Good news though!
Firstly found my first job in the Valley. A professional photographer has an AquaTech (waterproof) housing for a certain a DSLR camera (Canon 7d mark II), but switched to a Sony a7 III, so I needed to make a new mount in CAD and print it. I’ll be using
fiberology PA-CF15 for this due to it’s mechanical properties.
I’ll also be remaking the back plexiglass panel with all the buttons and such but rearranged for Sony layout. That shall be laser cut by @Creavenger.
Here’s some pics so y’all know what I’m talking about.

Speaking of @Creavenger aka Sabre Dynamics, he came through with my couplers! It’s been long, I know, but he moved places and has been upgrading his CNC. And wow does it look tasty! :yum:

And been 3d printing some pretty pieces. Experimenting

9 Likes

Wow, the waterproof cover is an ambitious project, that’s cool!

5 Likes

You are having better luck than me with ender 5 and micro Swiss combo. After a week of printing wheels in petg I got a major jam the ended up costing the heater block in 5mm of petg and baking it on.
While trying to unscrew the nozzle it Broke off in the heater block and I can’t get the heat break out due to baked on petg. So need to buy a whole new micro Swiss hotend for $90. On advice of a friend who had a similar issue I bought the clone micro Swiss from banggood he claims it is better. Bro I want wait to see what your tank looks like when complete.

3 Likes

Might be silly what I’m saying, but why don’t you just put it in a vice, heat it up with a blowtorch or heat gun, and try and unscrew the heat break? That way you’ll just have to buy a new heater block and nozzle.
(But as I understand it you already bought the knock-off)

I also completely changed the gantry printed with some PC by @Zwak (before I had the capability of printing with such materials)

VID_20210923_220126_686_1

Bro me too. I’m so scared this won’t work lol. Still have to commission @Scepterr to print some TPU. I have 15kg of filament from CF-PC to ASA to CF-PA to PETG to PLA but I don’t have any TPU lmao.

First test pieces from Max for the < spider >
I’ll have a few of these made with a different diameter center hole to vary the flexibility
20211017-180810_1

6 Likes

Tpu does take some dialling in. Esun petg worked out of the box using cura esun petg defaults. When I tried the same settings on my ender 3 I just got a stringy mess.I have 2 rolls of abs to print for voron printer parts once my new replacement micro Swiss heat block (I caved and ordered an legit replacement from a local reseller). My test print in abs shows I am not there yet maybe need an enclosure (shrinkage on edges). You are better at this than me…

2 Likes

Oh no I’ve forgotten to keep you up to date :sob:
So I received the throttles and did some wiring

I can see why @DEEIF does like twist throttles. These are Bafang ones and I don’t really like the resistance they have… Also you need some pretty souple wrists :sweat_smile:
Which I do, but it’s awkward nonetheless.
I might actually buy a trampa wand… Because it’s the only remote that’s got a flat style thumb throttle. Max @Scepterr has one on his ebike that works well too. I really wanted a boosted rev thumb throttle but they are unfindable.

If you know who’s willing to sell one or if you find one please ping me!!!

Also awaiting the spiders from Max.

For paint I might go for an interesting solution of epoxy and mica powder… I’ve been trying some stuff with 3d prints that seem to turn out okay.

That’s all for now on the GoKart.

Now I’ve been having some fun with my 3d printer
Made a fume extractor. If you need the files just PM me (not on my computer rn).

Got this AC to DC transformer for 12v.
Going to use if for fans, lights. Basically a power supply for all my 12v equipment.

Found a portable rig for my Minirigs

In fact I’ve had so much fun I pulled the plug. A big plug :sweat_smile:

Linear rails!! And a new Gates belt and pulley because I find the ones on my Ender 5 plus a but meh. I’ve been able to skip when traveling at 300mm/sec. And because I have a high temp chamber they do stretch.

1 Like

You might want to check with Wing from BAESK8. He does Rev scooter upgrades.

1 Like

Not anymore but he prolly has spares

2 Likes

Seeeeeee!!

1 Like

Ooooo this would be amazing. @DEEIF could you do a little bit of digging for me? :blush::pray:
Thanks @BillGordon for the heads up :star:

3 Likes

Still need? I just saw this, I can give wing a ping

1 Like

Hell Yeah! that would be most kind of you :grinning: :pray:

Also sorry for the lack of updates! I’m just rarely at home for the moment.
A quick recap:

• @Scepterr’s 3d printed spiders have arrived
  • I now have possession of a 3040 CNC (haven’t gotten it to work yet), @Creavenger has been helping me out. Long story short, it’s not mine, i didn’t pay for it, but my climber friend couldn’t get it to work so now it’s mine and i just have to CNC things for him when he asks. Pretty lucky if you ask me!!!
  • Linear rails have arrived for my Ender 5 Plus and have printed out all the required parts in Prusament CF-PC… holy hell I love this material; easy to print & strong af.

Slow progress on the go-kart but I have all the parts now. Need to 3d print a spacer for the motor assembly and then i can finally wire up the battery and ESC.
Pictures :soon:

2 Likes

20220118_101447

20220118_101641

DJI_20220107_214230_13_timelapse_eis_1

Now now I can explain myself, this was ONLY as a joke because this technically isn’t my CNC, my friend couldn’t get it to work so I had to make a funny first cut and send it to him :joy:
And yes… I designed it in CAD in under 30sec…
Moving on… I’m going to regret posting this

And of course since is tis the season

3 Likes

Oh yes and somehow everything fits and works like originally planned.

I don’t know how or why, but somewhere I seem to have the ability to self-learn mechanical engineering to some degree. The motor turns, there’s no rubbing, the coupler and spider are soaking up any misalignment, VESC tool detection works, except that the sensors don’t work so I’ll have to reread @Andy87’s tutorial on the AS5047 Encoder setup. I know it’s wired correctly. but maybe the magnet fell off… idk yet.

So it spins, I haven’t got the throttles to work with ADC2 and ADC2. they register an input signal in the wizard but then when I finish the wizard and then go to ADC under the ‘‘Motor’’ config in VESC tool there’s no signal when I turn the throttles. Obviously, I’m missing something.

Nonetheless, it seems to work. Thanks @Scepterr for the spiders and @Creavenger for the beautiful precise machining. Let’s hope this thing isn’t a $1.5k paper-weight. I still need to work out the steering. I have many ideas but can’t decide on the best option as of yet. nothing simple to say the least

5 Likes