Louis's Alpine Workbench

Oh no I’ve forgotten to keep you up to date :sob:
So I received the throttles and did some wiring

I can see why @DEEIF does like twist throttles. These are Bafang ones and I don’t really like the resistance they have… Also you need some pretty souple wrists :sweat_smile:
Which I do, but it’s awkward nonetheless.
I might actually buy a trampa wand… Because it’s the only remote that’s got a flat style thumb throttle. Max @Scepterr has one on his ebike that works well too. I really wanted a boosted rev thumb throttle but they are unfindable.

If you know who’s willing to sell one or if you find one please ping me!!!

Also awaiting the spiders from Max.

For paint I might go for an interesting solution of epoxy and mica powder… I’ve been trying some stuff with 3d prints that seem to turn out okay.

That’s all for now on the GoKart.

Now I’ve been having some fun with my 3d printer
Made a fume extractor. If you need the files just PM me (not on my computer rn).

Got this AC to DC transformer for 12v.
Going to use if for fans, lights. Basically a power supply for all my 12v equipment.

Found a portable rig for my Minirigs

In fact I’ve had so much fun I pulled the plug. A big plug :sweat_smile:

Linear rails!! And a new Gates belt and pulley because I find the ones on my Ender 5 plus a but meh. I’ve been able to skip when traveling at 300mm/sec. And because I have a high temp chamber they do stretch.

1 Like

You might want to check with Wing from BAESK8. He does Rev scooter upgrades.

1 Like

Not anymore but he prolly has spares

2 Likes

Seeeeeee!!

1 Like

Ooooo this would be amazing. @DEEIF could you do a little bit of digging for me? :blush::pray:
Thanks @BillGordon for the heads up :star:

3 Likes

Still need? I just saw this, I can give wing a ping

1 Like

Hell Yeah! that would be most kind of you :grinning: :pray:

Also sorry for the lack of updates! I’m just rarely at home for the moment.
A quick recap:

• @Scepterr’s 3d printed spiders have arrived
  • I now have possession of a 3040 CNC (haven’t gotten it to work yet), @Creavenger has been helping me out. Long story short, it’s not mine, i didn’t pay for it, but my climber friend couldn’t get it to work so now it’s mine and i just have to CNC things for him when he asks. Pretty lucky if you ask me!!!
  • Linear rails have arrived for my Ender 5 Plus and have printed out all the required parts in Prusament CF-PC… holy hell I love this material; easy to print & strong af.

Slow progress on the go-kart but I have all the parts now. Need to 3d print a spacer for the motor assembly and then i can finally wire up the battery and ESC.
Pictures :soon:

2 Likes

20220118_101447

20220118_101641

DJI_20220107_214230_13_timelapse_eis_1

Now now I can explain myself, this was ONLY as a joke because this technically isn’t my CNC, my friend couldn’t get it to work so I had to make a funny first cut and send it to him :joy:
And yes… I designed it in CAD in under 30sec…
Moving on… I’m going to regret posting this

And of course since is tis the season

3 Likes

Oh yes and somehow everything fits and works like originally planned.

I don’t know how or why, but somewhere I seem to have the ability to self-learn mechanical engineering to some degree. The motor turns, there’s no rubbing, the coupler and spider are soaking up any misalignment, VESC tool detection works, except that the sensors don’t work so I’ll have to reread @Andy87’s tutorial on the AS5047 Encoder setup. I know it’s wired correctly. but maybe the magnet fell off… idk yet.

So it spins, I haven’t got the throttles to work with ADC2 and ADC2. they register an input signal in the wizard but then when I finish the wizard and then go to ADC under the ‘‘Motor’’ config in VESC tool there’s no signal when I turn the throttles. Obviously, I’m missing something.

Nonetheless, it seems to work. Thanks @Scepterr for the spiders and @Creavenger for the beautiful precise machining. Let’s hope this thing isn’t a $1.5k paper-weight. I still need to work out the steering. I have many ideas but can’t decide on the best option as of yet. nothing simple to say the least

5 Likes