LoveDick Illegitimate Son to LoveChild

Hey guys. Haven’t done one of these for a while! Hopefully I know what I’m doing still.

As you guys may know already, there’s a new company in town. Derelict Robot Industries. Which is how this board came about and wouldn’t have happened without them and their support.

So… My good buddy Andrew (@Andrew) once again got sick and tired of hearing me complain about my range anxiety woes (25 miles isn’t enough I guess). So in other words he said those days are over for me. It was a “Take my hand son… I’ll show you the way” type of moment.

So this is where it begins…

I’m over at Andrews one day and he says “Here. Take these and put them together.” Just looking at them I couldn’t say no. That’d be rude ya know. :wink:

So I put them all together and it made this…

I instantly fell in love. I actually don’t have the words to describe it.

So a little while later… Same story. “Take these and put them together.” So once again, I did what I was told. Even though I’ve never built a battery by myself before. I think there was mention of “Putting on my big boy pants”. I can’t remember.

12S8P Samsung 21700 40T’s

This is what came out of the mess… It was an emotional ride!

Then I had to grip it. I use viscous grip. Such awesome stuff.

Being how big the batteries are, I knew they wouldn’t fit in these Kaly enclosures. So after Andrew gave me some tips and taught me some Fusion360, I came up with my own custom gasket for these beauties. The balance and series wires are routed down and to the deck. This is a deck mounted battery so it only makes sense. These are printed in TPU.

Here’s what I came up with…

On to the next move. I didn’t want to just drill holes in these and run phase wires though the enclosures. That would be boring as fuck. So back to Fusion I went. I decided to use mr-60’s for the phase wires connections.

On to what’s controlling this beast. I’m using some TorqueBoards 6’s. Check em out guys!

Time to manage that battery I built earlier. I’ve had this DieBiems sitting around just waiting for this board and I didn’t even know it. It was meant to be. So I married them together with an awesome mount that @DerelictRobot made. It’s perfect!

One of my favorite features on this board is my FreeSK8 NRF52 BLE Module I’m using. @skate420 has absolutely killed it!!! You can get them here https://derelictrobot.com/collections/production/products/freesk8-nrf-ble-dongle?variant=34942848696480

This build thread feels way too long and I’m only 1/3 of the way posting all the info and pictures I have from it. Oh well. This is what happened in the end. I’m filing for a divorce and I’m marrying this esk8. I’m finally complete!!!

Say Hello to LoveDick guys. The illegitimate son to LoveChild…

UPDATE
Changed over to herringbone gear drives because mah boo wasn’t satisfied with the belts…

I couldn’t thank @Andrew more for hooking me up, giving me advice, and troubleshooting with me through this one. This thing is fucking awesome and I wouldn’t change any part of it. What can I say? I like em big now I guess. :wink:

19 Likes

First build on FreeSK8! And what a cracker!

8 Likes

I don’t need the onset of Alzheimer’s to get re-enjoyment buzz from this thread, kudos and laurels heaped upon you ma man

10 Likes

Hell yeah dude! I hope to have my build up here pretty soon too :love_you_gesture:

7 Likes

I love the build and you made me realize how much I miss good beer like Rogue Dead Guy.

I like the clean look of using mr60s for the phase wires and will use this in my next build. What do you use for the sensor wires, just the rubber gasket or anything else to protect from water?

8 Likes

Thanks dude. Yeah. I’ve been getting back into the thicker beers lately.

I use rubber grommets and seal the inside of the enclosure with silicone.

9 Likes

Super Tidy Build.

8 Likes

Lol I bought that same exact set a few months back, I think I’ve used 1 or two so far but hey at least I have any for when I do want to use more

7 Likes

Yep. I’ve used maybe 20 or so with different projects. Still have a ton left! Good to have around though. Tons of uses for them.

6 Likes

Did this to mah bitch today. Still need to reprint an updated version I did for the heatsink molding and probably going to just buff and spray the heatsink with black engine paint or something. I don’t like chrome anything.

11 Likes

Holy fuck dude that is a beefcake heatsink :joy:

9 Likes

Needed it. LoveDick runs hot. She’s a thicc girl.

15 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy: i love you

9 Likes

That turned out perfectly! Glad you like the decals!

7 Likes

You did awesome. Thanks dude!

8 Likes

Can you still get that enclosure somewhere?

4 Likes

Nope. Those enclosures were a score from @Andrew.

5 Likes

Damn guess I will have to build my own…

6 Likes

depends…how much you love dick?

7 Likes

You just gotta know the secret passphrase to a certain Dominican friendo.

12 Likes