Puck, Puck, Bruce!

twisted pair cable,

used as an anti-static, bracelet…

it’s what all the k00l kidz are using…

5 Likes

Dude this looks great! Which measurements do you think are off on the sleeve?

4 Likes

Have you tried the “fuzzy skin” mode on TPU? I think it gives it a better look

6 Likes

Yeah fuzzy skin is really nice for grip things like this

4 Likes

… fuzzy skin? I really need to dig into the Prusaslicer settings more.

I get ‘fuzzy skin’ when I let my TPU soak up too much moisture, does that count?

6 Likes

i believe that’s a CURA experimental mode…

I dig the fukkoutta prusaslicer except the bridging code and method… CURA has the best bridging enhancements… outrageous tunability…

other than that… CURA is pretty average as a slicer

3 Likes

First Rev 6 print didn’t end up perfect and I added way too much filler, but decided to continue the process and I really like how the truck bed liner and colorshifting green spray turned out. The small dents were from when I squeezed it 2 hrs of being impatient

The rest are letting their primer coat dry then doing matte black

11 Likes

OMG @Jujo, how much? Hah. I love the colorshift look.

MJF is gonna take like 8-10 days to get here hah.

5 Likes

It’s just some twine I had on hand until I make a lanyard. The paracord I was planning to use is too big for the lanyard hole.

4 Likes

My cutouts are off. I also need to move the thumb wheel hole more to the right as my thumb hits the end of the cutout as I accelerate.

6 Likes

First I’m hearing of fuzzy skin as I’ve never used cura. Thanks, I’ll look into it.

3 Likes

Anyone got an stl of the puck thumbwheel with the knob?

4 Likes

A couple options here

It’s not letting attach the stl file I used here.

4 Likes

Thanks dude. The one you have looks great. Found it in the link. Thanks to our old buddy Mike.

4 Likes

13 Likes

That looks sweet :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Nice clean print! PLA? Does that larger thumb wheel nipple hit the shell if engaged all the way forward?

5 Likes

@Andrew would a component like this work?

https://products.rosenberger.com/radio-frequency/connectors/328569/m9k701-400l-straight-jack-pcb?c=11

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:6f71d5cf-ead3-4424-b270-50809942370b

5 Likes

Sure would if we didn’t already have a USB connection on the Puck PCB, and those are sweeeeet. But they’re also $50 per cable/panel connector set. :wink:

The NetDot is basically a $4 version of that.

6 Likes

:grin:

17 Likes