Puck, Puck, Bruce!

Not unless you want to pay Shapeways dearly for it. They have clear SLA but its roughly 4x the cost of their SLS Nylon or Multijet Grey.

PS: I designed this for M2.5x20mm buttonhead bolts, good luck?

Calling this good on rev5 updates until I get a full updated set printed & tested out, latest have been pushed to github as of a bit ago.

Here, have some more renders:

7 Likes

I kin live with nylon!!!

thanks for the heads up… I’ll check my spares and make it work for 2mm or 3mm i know for a fact i gots no 2.5mm screws…

:sparkles: :heart_eyes: :sparkles:

4 Likes

FWIW i will trade bolts on top for a thinner, more streamlined remote any day of the week. I say leave the bolts on top.

4 Likes

Agreed. Already been thinking how thiccc this looks

3 Likes

This was the entire design decision that lead to them being on top, agreed. The bottom shell cuts it pretty close to the internals compared to the original puck design.

I’ll show you the side by side to the OG Puck when my top shell finishes printing. :wink:

3 Likes

Has anyone commented on how absolutely gorgeous the bruce is? Just needs a little nub to finish the tickle-spo…I mean wheel off.

4 Likes

I’ll start this off with saying, I love my Puck and looked at your design thinking how a middle finger not bent with the others could not be a comfortable - natural feeling hand position.

I printed v4 and was proven wrong. The finger placement is comfortable and more secure feeling than I expected. Then I realized I was not as secure with my Puck hand placement by itself, I rely on the finger loops to have a since of security so the Puck stays right where I want it.

So, I couldn’t leave your design alone, and had to try it with adding a hole for the middle finger. I mean, who doesn’t feel most secure without a hole to stick their finger in?

I love the feeling of your ergonomic shell, but adding that finger hole took it up a notch in since of security. It allows me to loosen my grip and know the remote is not going anywhere.

Great design with or without a finger hole.

7 Likes

having crashed twice above 30mph that hole terrifies my fingers.

10 Likes

That is very cool, because I would take a finger hole on every remote if I could get one. One of reasons I still like my decommissioned Meepo remote. Super secure.

7 Likes

That’s a fair point, but would apply to any remote with a finger whole, but you’re right, that shit happens and the remote could get stuck on something while you’re rolling and take a part of your finger with it.

5 Likes

So much this. No thanks!

4 Likes

Lol no mate I’m in Brisbane @glyphiks just sends me filament for me to print him things and send down

2 Likes

Maybe instead of a hole in the actual remote, @Andrew or someone else good with CAD could design a sleeve or adapter similar to why you have on your puck that can “add” a finger hole to it.

I personally don’t think the hole there is good and would take away the rigidity of the remote case but who knows?

2 Likes

I love the remix! Exactly what I like to see from these projects.

I’ll get the updated STPs uploaded for anyone that wants to take a shot at modification too.

Is the thumb hole perpendicular to the front face?

I have similar concerns with having my middle finger in the remote, personally I like to be able to drop my remote entirely knowing that my leash will catch it.

I am also revisiting the HMP (Dong) OSRR design for a revamp similar to how I’m refreshing the Bruce design here. It uses a fingerhole as well, but it’s for your pointer and I only use it right past my first knuckle so I can still easily drop the remote if desired- my hand never feels stuck in it.

10 Likes

Ooooooh yeah. Dong improvements are something I can definitely get behind.

7 Likes

My kid still talks about how much she likes the meepo remote. Not a fan of boosted, vx1, or vx2.

3 Likes

Yea I wanna gonna ask if the dong was getting a facelift.

Is it going to be a direct swap on the electronics like the beta OSRR?

So if we change our mind and wanna hold the dong for a ride vs go back to the Bruce?

3 Likes

Yes, the new FreeSK8/OSRR remotes can swap between grip designs just like the beta could.

4 Likes

I was assuming that the design would not take on a large mod like that hole I made, so I was already mocking up a sleeve I can print in TPU like I did with the puck.

6 Likes

I was already thinking through a TPU sleeve to increase the size/grip for larger handed folks (like me).

3 Likes