Randomness begets Randomness The off-topic discussion thread

Same. It’s what I use.

Don’t move away from Google phones. I refuse to. :wink:

4 Likes

jason’s ad targeting you. :open_mouth:

I mean every esk8er just wants a good ESC like the focbox unity. and now that the untold story is out and the youtube comments cleanly curated it paints a rosy picture of the come back kid who’s just here to go give you what you want. a reliable ESC at a cheap price.

5 Likes

im already on the V6 train (TB + stormcore), my 2 unities will serve me until they die or I decide to completely move away from V4 and sell them back to the community with dirt cheap price :rofl:

6 Likes

Exactly. He’s just misunderstood, like Casey Anthony and Mussolini.

7 Likes

Good luck with his vloggin career I hope there is more to offer that sour grapes and that shaggy song…
unnamed (22)

4 Likes

Talking about a let down. Fat kid loves fries, loves gravy, and loves cheese. Sounds great, was disappointing. Canadian gravy is weird.

2 Likes

That’s because there isn’t a specific recipe for it, it’s down to restaurant preferences on ingredients or supplier. Youd have to try atleast 2 or 3 from different areas to compare

2 Likes

hey any of you k00ks… (especially @Andrew or @torqueboards ) know what the exterior dimensions of the TB VESC I trust it’s similar~ish to a FOCBOX?

TIA

1 Like

70mmx77mm. Nope that’s the escapes. Hold on.

3 Likes

thank you

and thickness?

please

3 Likes

All I could find are these

5 Likes

80x70

I’ll look for the thickness. Give me a sec.

3 Likes

17.5mm no screws.
20.4mmish with screws.

3 Likes

thanks so far… I searched all over news and the diagrams thread and nada tostada…

faaaaaaaaaaaaak 80x70 is HUGE compared to a FOCBOX… it seems the universe is conspiring against me building a 4wd board…

I get close and one Jedbox expires… and this three legged dawg won’t hunt… I can cram two Unities in the enclosure but then even a Daly 12s BMS won’t fit…

I think I’ll brainstorm an easier method to leave out the BMS…

12s4p P42A and sufficient motor controllers is super tight in this eBoosted enclosure…

this is what I’m dealing with…

not a lot of real estate to deal with…

tanks all…

4 Likes

You could try @Benjamin’s external bms route?

2 Likes
2 Likes

frame,

while I appreciate the info on this thread and the links…
having everything in ONE post makes editing and adding to this wiki cumbersome, how abouts we break this thread up into manageable chunks? say V4 ESCs, V6 ESCs in another post, misc. electronics in another post, gear drives in another, etc. etc.

whadda ya think?

4 Likes

yea all good man, take it your way

3 Likes

the dude abides

4 Likes

Am I the only one with this random problem?
Go to look at a model of Hoyt receiver lids (which happens to belong to @SeanHacker )

and bump into thingiverse ultimate error screen.

3 Likes