Randomness begets Randomness The off-topic discussion thread

Why would your rainbow pla be weaker than regular pla?

3 Likes

I honestly no idea. It looks great! It’s very silky but I’d say layer adhesion (compared to my usual settings on PLA) is weaker. It’s not like it’ll just come apart, but it does take a lot less strength for me to separate

Do you have a link for your gold pla? I’ve come to realize I really do want it :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve found different brands and different colors react as you’ve found out…

most of the time i up the temps a bit at a time to tune in the best temps…

5 Likes
2 Likes

i wanna talk a bit about crappy fake silicon wire insulation:

it frosts my chaps!

3 Likes

I don’t, I bought in a local shop. But it’s made by Anet so I imagine you’ll have to find where there’s a authorized vendor close to you

2 Likes

100%

I have 3 main brands i switch between depending on the price…and i have 3 different profiles in Cura for them. I don’t want to waste time dialing in a different filament so i stick to those 3 now.

Now resin…i got no fucking clue and I’ve been stumbling in the dark, but my on again off again telephone boyfriend @SeanHacker has been teaching me!

7 Likes

How does resin compare in terms of difficulty and tweaking

4 Likes

So far the 2 main things i’ve had to tweak is the exposure for the first layer and how i position things on the build plate.

The first resin i got was something like 60s exposure for the first layer, and the one i’m using now works perfectly at 50

4 Likes

So @BillGordon @Wandagoner
You are really not coming back ?
Real shame. It’s not the same without ya

6 Likes

Speaking only for myself, no.

8 Likes

Can’t say I blame You.
I only worry about splitting up the community.

5 Likes

He’ll always have a nice round hole to fit in here at Freesk8

8 Likes

like all of us i have limited bandwidth so i’ve chosen to focus my efforts here. super stoked that @glyphiks @Zwak @Abusfullofnuns @BillGordon and @Andrew have the charity in them to allow me to tag along and make wildly unreasonable requests about the forum. thanks for taking the time to ask.

9 Likes

It’s never been about that. FreeSK8 forum was a necessary step for FreeSK8 to take as it prepares to eventually become an official non-profit organisation. So it would have happened regardless of anything that occurred at any other forum.

7 Likes

All my fucks are being bundled with Freesk8 for the time being. I believe strongly in the project and the benefits it will have for the community as a whole.

Very much agree with what Wan and Bill have said above.

8 Likes

Alrighty dudes. Say no more. It was quite the lamenting post and I had heard as much but kinda wanted it from the horses mouth.

That’s the last I’ll ask about it.

@Wandagoner what’s this educational program?

4 Likes

Noone asked, but me too <3

10 Likes

hahaha so sorry. I didnt realize it was zou @Zach

7 Likes

I really need a new printer my dog crap A3 net is more fail than win. Is creality still the business what about resin. Any advice.

6 Likes