Randomness begets Randomness The off-topic discussion thread

80x70

I’ll look for the thickness. Give me a sec.

3 Likes

17.5mm no screws.
20.4mmish with screws.

3 Likes

thanks so far… I searched all over news and the diagrams thread and nada tostada…

faaaaaaaaaaaaak 80x70 is HUGE compared to a FOCBOX… it seems the universe is conspiring against me building a 4wd board…

I get close and one Jedbox expires… and this three legged dawg won’t hunt… I can cram two Unities in the enclosure but then even a Daly 12s BMS won’t fit…

I think I’ll brainstorm an easier method to leave out the BMS…

12s4p P42A and sufficient motor controllers is super tight in this eBoosted enclosure…

this is what I’m dealing with…

not a lot of real estate to deal with…

tanks all…

4 Likes

You could try @Benjamin’s external bms route?

2 Likes
2 Likes

frame,

while I appreciate the info on this thread and the links…
having everything in ONE post makes editing and adding to this wiki cumbersome, how abouts we break this thread up into manageable chunks? say V4 ESCs, V6 ESCs in another post, misc. electronics in another post, gear drives in another, etc. etc.

whadda ya think?

4 Likes

yea all good man, take it your way

3 Likes

the dude abides

4 Likes

Am I the only one with this random problem?
Go to look at a model of Hoyt receiver lids (which happens to belong to @SeanHacker )

and bump into thingiverse ultimate error screen.

3 Likes

I like this one. Is there a 3D printing sex toys community? @Andrew?

3 Likes

Thingiverse fucking blows. Has for awhile now. It just keeps getting worse. I’ll eventually get around to uploading my models to github soon.

5 Likes

Not yet… :wink:

4 Likes

https://cults3d.com/en/categories/naughties

3 Likes

Suggestion: don’t forget the “s” in cults…

made you look :rofl:

2 Likes

the long delayed 500 goes off tomorrow morning with motos going off first at 3am… this is the first 500 i’ve missed in like 10 years or so, and I’m not missing, missing it…

we have no bikes racing and only one buggy, a client sponsored 10 car, and I don’t align with their project or racers so I chose wisely not to attend…

prayers go out that everyone races safely

5 Likes

the buggy only made it 14 miles
:thinking:
so stoked with my decision not to attend… although i hear COVID San Felipe was less weird than COVID Vegas…

it’s still weird, 500~miles of racing in the dez, but start and finish in sealed gated communities… (that never works out in the baja…)

hoping that the feedback from this race is good, (race feedback, not buggy feedback, those f00ls are jokes) and we get to race the 1000 in a couple of months

3 Likes

not our car… our buggy is broke-dick… but this is my buddy Cody 1st class one buggy in qually…

5 Likes

Daammmmnnnnn that looks like fun :rofl:

4 Likes

honestly… I’d rather pilot a class one at speed that have my choice of super-models…

racing at gawds speed over uneven terrain at speeds you can only imagine gets in your blood…

unfortunately my eyesight is so poor I get very few opportunities to fully let loose the beast…

the winner of the 500 in a 4 wheel truck averaged over 50mph over 500 miles… and I’m waiting on the official… but first bike “might” have the 4 wheel vehicles beat… that’s a rough row to hoe on a dezert scoot…

but gawd I love racing dirt bikes and buggys and trucks in the dez…

Cody… the dude in the vid… finished somewhere in the top 5

3 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CFmxgsHhD-H/?igshid=bmqnajfrqqi2

4 Likes