RAWshop - Ross’ Alliteration Workshop

Whuuuat, season already opened?

1 Like

NZ spring Andy, a few weeks left. Melting fast.

1 Like

Send the snow front over to us, so that I can continue :relieved::grin:

Dry layup into the smaller enclosure.
Two layers of chop/biax stitched mat, over tissue veil. The stitched combo mat seems pretty good. Bit more stable to work with.
Think I’m gonna vac bag this, brush on a generous epoxy coat to wet it out through all of the fabric and let the peel ply and bleeder breather stack do it’s thing in the vac bag. Another day

5 Likes

Oh thats like a weave with mat on the back?

2 Likes

Yup and it was great to use. Bought on a 200mm wide roll. Super easy to handle and cut cos the mat stitched in the back holds it straight so the weave doesn’t distort if not needed. But you can still stretch the fabric out if you want to when laying it.

Precut on a 200mm roll which reduced heaps of cutting. Ordering more for sure, prob 100mm and 200mm widths would be good me for segmented enclosures.

2 Likes

Maybe repairable, thicc bedliner will hide a lot :joy:

3 Likes

4 Likes

It’s gonna be a squeeze, hopefully 12s4p p42 can fit :crossed_fingers:
Gave up on exterior, CBF doing bedliner. Rattle can will do for now.

6 Likes

Baby steps.
Loop key charge and balance plugs epoxied into enclosure.
Test fit enclosure on deck and marked phase plug holes, drilled holes in the deck for them :cry: and tested. Looks like it can work :blush:
Tested cells, all voltages :ok_hand:

6 Likes

V2 cut out today

My marking out was a bit hard to see, so my belt sanding to shape leaves a bit to be desired.

Concave in footbeds feels good :+1:

This will sit on shelf for a while now.

I have too many consecutive projects :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

Cable cover started
Foam buck, packing tape done
Next steps are Epoxy and fabric, might make a sandwich over a thin core for some strength.
Probably screw to deck (inserts) and and seal wires as they enter it. Shouldn’t need removal often :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Drilled some holes and test fit the enclosure and the phase wire cover plate. Bolt through crew :call_me_hand: :joy:

9 Likes

Partial? success… one wheel zoom :joy:
One of the FS6.6s isn’t working properly (had broken usb and can isn’t working either, tried TCP bridge with metr but no dice), second hand from Karam so whatevs. Will swap it out and hope that sorts it.

Short cruise in the crocs :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

So waiting for new esc to arrive, decided to make the bigger enclosure.

Had already gelcoated the mould and laid up one fabric layer a few weeks ago.

Laid up fabrics dry in the mould with spray glue and smashed a heavy resin coat over them then peel ply, perf plastic film then bleeder fabric and elastibag. Wet layup for a segmented enclosure sucks and don’t have any infusion resin left, so improvising.

After cured, I attempted de mould but part was too thin and flexible at edges, so aborted and added more fabric to thicken and stiffen up the flanges and edges so I can pop it out of the mould without busting it like the last one :sob:

Elastibag doing its thing now on the strengthening layer. :crossed_fingers:

Not sure what the plan is for this. Should fit at least 36no. 21700s in each segment, but dunno need to finish the other one first before I can really plan this…

3 Likes

Well… again not so easy to demould
But it IS out of the mould :muscle:

Again with some cracks and defects from demoulding it, but I’ll see what I can do to tidy those up, when I get a chance. Needs cutting to correct shape and holes drilled.

Recessed bits for bolts look tidy enough :+1:

Epoxy the cracks, sand rough bits, fill holes and might bedliner it eventually when I have enough other parts ready to do at the same time.

3 Likes

3 Likes

And the wait for my new ESC to arrive in the post continues……

……

In the meantime:

Gripppppy

5 Likes

ESC arrived!!!. Made new battery and motor phase connectors, shoehorned it all in place and smashed a few laps up the road in the dark.

Pretty happy, feels comfortable. Few more short test rides and suss out settings and stuff then seal it up and call it done.

8 Likes

So. Tomiboi toe hook installed for front foot which seems pretty good.

Ride feels good. Waiting for hypertruck bushings etc from radium and have some straight cutz to chuck in when I get a minute :call_me_hand:

Need to finish up my fancy mdf spacer :joy:

Swapped baseplates on my NightTrain 4wd build, dropped a bunch of ride height which is awesome. Still have a small split angle with a dewedge on the rear truck.

2 Likes