Reply to "🖼️ All the Pictures and Nothing of the Else"

My LaCroix AS/switch for the dual 100S has this exact fuse, came with a 60A which I upgraded to a 100A. I assumed the 100D integrated AS/switch was also fused similarly.

7 Likes

ignore this, i’m doing some testing

7 Likes

Is that the hummie? Shred lights?

3 Likes

Yes hummie, no shredlights. It’s a bright ass flashlight mounted to the top of the trucks.

5 Likes

that’s a pretty wobble friendly stance you got there…

4 Likes

Nope.

5 Likes

Please don’t do this with Icebreaker. The effects of the world spinning in the opposite direction could be cataclysmic.

6 Likes

Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 11.35.16 AM

@glyphiks

5 Likes

Interesting… share the knowledge brother

3 Likes

Was recommended by local composite supplier, so I bought some (for science).

Basically a thick fabric mat that you can use like a core. It gets impregnated with resin in the layup so has good adhesion to the structural layers of a part. And has good shear strength.

Used for boat hulls and bulkheads.

Because it’s soft, it can roll out over curved mould surfaces and doesn’t need to be formed to match a curved mould shape at all (just cut with scissors)

I got a 10mm thick version, won’t use it for a while but will share results when I get onto it.

6 Likes

Nice find… that looks like some really kewl shit… I gotta find me some and try it out!

Thanks!!!

4 Likes

:call_me_hand: no worries bro.

Yeah it looks easier than forming any types of curves in a foam core (like 313 seem to on their decks), downside I guess might be accuracy or flatness around any mounting points (like at truck locations).

Science needed.

4 Likes

I’m almost convinced I’m going to be using ABS core at truck locations, pretty rigid, virtually non-compressible, and offers a bit of resiliency on impact

I think

indeed

4 Likes

Yeah, I looked at a few other things too. Not 100% sure this stuff is the right thing yet.

End grain balsa could be another good option, maybe with foam central stringer. (Like some of the 313 decks)

Shear strength and adhesion of laminate layers to the core, near the trucks was a bit of a concern - to my architecture & building structures knowledge - :rofl:

What sort of ABS?

5 Likes

3d printed ABS core
I still have to investigate bonding and the like for bonding the core to the laminate…

I’ll share more as I develop the thoughts, but I’m imagining some sort of keying structure and some registration alignment dealios

i’m imagining something like:

9 Likes

@k00k!

Have just found my new DIY hero(ine)

Check out @melonenkacke composite decks on the gram :eyes:

And build videos on YouTube.

Edit - Share your DIY HEROES

5 Likes

i like that chik

A Lighter Than F**k Longboard

i’d build and sk8 with her!!!

6 Likes

Damn bro, looks clean! Whats the final weight on that bad boy?

6 Likes

Total beast there. Looks killer.

7 Likes

@bigben Looks great.
How is the battery box attached to the deck?
Me thinks you need to space it a bit like what Trampa and Lee are doing.

5 Likes