Terrible fucking ideas

You ever get a breathtakingly stupid idea and want to share it with others? No? Just me? Am I eating alone in the cafeteria again?

My thought just now:

An esk8 game called “bucking bronco.” You all sit in a circle (it’s not that, @Cfelzien ) on your boards, speed-limited and reverse-enabled, get set, and hand your remote to the rider on your right.

Last one on board wins a prize.

19 Likes

Ok ok here goes,

an esk8 but with only 3 wheels, one bigger one at the back with the motor (or motors) and a normal channel truck at the front for steering. you could also add a big ass shock for dampening at the back

this is dumb for many reasons, one being you can now only steer from the front increasing turning radius - edit , would it increase turning radius? I think so due to there no longer being 2 point to turn from but maybe not?

4 Likes

I did that. Fucking failure :100:.

3 Likes

ayy guess i put it in the right topic then. got a link? haven’t seen your attempt yet

2 Likes

@Venom121212 didn’t you do one of these?

@BillGordon that is hilarious :rofl: i can just imagine the carnage

5 Likes

It’s in the nice try graveyard. I made it like 5 years ago. Epic fail. the turning radius is very small.

2 Likes

Image is courtesy of @Venom121212

5 Likes

Ahahahaha

17 Likes

That is fucking awesome! Talk about respect your pilot trust your monkey.

5 Likes

Forget about the OneWheel, if we want the closest thing to snowboarding on land, then we need the OneSphere for that lateral movement!

Now I need to go buy my son a pet hamster for some initial weight distribution testing.

12 Likes

Wtf is that

1 Like

Is this how you hurt yourself Bill? Be honest.

4 Likes

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/313110643_Balancing_and_translation_control_of_a_ball_segway_that_a_human_can_ride

I’m down the rabbit hole so far the only way out is to go deeper

5 Likes

This was the match that started the fire…

4 Likes

Giving me a large sum of money and telling me to build a raceboard :joy: That thing would kill someone…

Hey we said terrible ideas…

4 Likes

indiana jones would say “that belongs in a museum”
that thing is so cool

3 Likes

Like a slingshot?

2 Likes

He said channel truck… so it’s even a worse idea :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I made the front truck for my 3wheeler with 5/8" all thread, some 2" square tubing, and some valve springs out of a 427. It worked. Not well enough.

3 Likes

Yes. It turned like a fucking mac truck. Channel trucks helped but it was still only ok.

4 Likes