The Duck Dungeon

Alright chaps,

You didn’t ask for it, but here it is anyway. My dungeon.

Where the magic happens

Printers, decks, half finished builds, more decks hidden in the corner by the lamp, etc.

The dresser’s full of my shit, these plastic cubbies and full of my shit. Basically what im trying to say is that my roommates dont like how im slowly appropriating more and more of the basement.

Rolling coffee table makes a really shitty board cart, feat. my roommate’s ebike.

Electric piano stand makes a much better board cart, feat. Dusk (bagger me for a build thread if you want one, im as lazy as they come).

Company flag. Gotta rep those colors. Thanks @SeanHacker :love_you_gesture:

Spot welder for the zappy zap, truck battery for the beeg powah.

Roommate’s kitten for the likes.

Thank you for visiting the Duck Dungeon. Please come again.

30 Likes

Nice shop! I believe you could benefit from some additional shelf space to fill up with random esk8 junk though. What say you?

10 Likes

100%.

Also some more drawers, and a proper work bench, and a real ventilation system :joy:

8 Likes

Things I’ve done today:

Finished this battery for Dusk :white_check_mark:

Built this “balance charger” (those quotes dont feel big enough to express my scepticism). :white_check_mark:

Built Dusk :white_check_mark:

Returned to my good buddy fiber tape while I grind my teeth about how jank that tripple layer cake of gasket looks, wait for long bolts to get here. :white_check_mark:

Said “fuck it lets ride” :white_check_mark:

Did 10 miles and fell in love with this build :white_check_mark:

17 Likes

Cool sex dungeon.

How do I get myself a DR tee? Gotta rep

13 Likes

I believe our official company position on that is:
Thoon

Though I hear that if you stick the right dremel bit in @SeanHacker’s mouth he might be able to get you one thooner.

12 Likes

I’ll see what I can conjur up for ya dude.

8 Likes

Legend :+1:

@Benjamin the Sean/dremel scene is burned into my mind after editing that howling with laughter

10 Likes

DUSK IS DONE!!! (Mostly :joy:)

Went on a rowdy end of days ride with @Andrew and Liam.

Stopped at a corner store mid ride and this happened in the space of 5 minutes:

The smoke was rolling in. And it brought winds with it. Legit fire and brimstone shit.

Made it home despite all that, and it looked wild.

Total apocalypse color scheme going on.

But the ride was amazing.

12 Likes

Dude, NICE DUNGEON!

Sweet ornate wall mounted candle holder!
Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 1.02.30 AM

what do you call these thingies used to make a helping hand/octopus like this?
Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 1.01.00 AM

5 Likes

Anal beads?

12 Likes
6 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NB63J2F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_qN6vFbXAYX1EV

Though I would not recommend this type of helping hand arm at all. Its too stiff by half, and hard to adjust for the type of specific detailed work i need it for.

This will be my next helping hand purchase.. It was recommended to my by @Andrew, so maybe he can comment on its quality.

4 Likes

Thats the lever I pull to open the secret door for a quick escape when those meddling kids are after me!

11 Likes

Alright so I made a thing.

Ingredients:

• 12s 4A charger
  • LLT SmartBMS
  • GX20-14 aviation connector

I hath wrought a shitty balance charger!

It actually works, and im pretty happy with it so far. Its nice because I can unplug the charger from the wall, leave it plugged into the board, and the BMS will balance my cells even when its not charging.

This saved me a bunch of room in my enclosure which I have used to absolutely no effect :joy:

As a proof of concept for project #FuckBMS, i would call it a full success!

Is a tutorial for building a redneck balance charger like this something that people would want?

13 Likes

Hmmm maybe I’ll need to do this with my latest build.

I ordered that bms and it should be here on Monday, then I’ll figure out if I actually have enough room in there for it!

If not, you better write a tutorial!

It seems like most people do charge only set ups anyways

4 Likes

Fuck yeah dude. I think it’s an awesome idea. I hate how much extra work it is, but I love the advantages.

5 Likes

But with that charger, you just have to do the work once! Then it should work with every board right?

4 Likes

There is still extra work per board in making the balance adaptor.

5 Likes

less BMS means moAR battery!!!

9 Likes