The Last Power Supply You'll Ever Need

resistor vs jumper is not really much different. I guess the jumper draws a little more current but the digital logic can handleit. Resistor is proper. Short is fine.

and yes excatly. Thats why this is safe and not a total deathtrap

2 Likes

same thing?
2 Likes

its missing the wireless controller, so youll need to run it off a pc, or directly. which is a pain

2 Likes

never mind this is the same vein as the ones you posted above. i thoguht the walmart one was a third choice. :smiley:

ignore.

I received my first 6 (Dell N750P) PSUs, today, figgered how to bridge the PSU to start up the supply, and also to lower the fukkin’ fan speed… believe me, you want a lower fan speed, this is the fukkin loudest small fan I’ve ever heard!!! I cannot imagine a server farm, or 6-8 of these in a tiny enclosure. Some say that the PSU is “smart” and will increase speed as required by heat… the jury is still out, do ya know @agressivstreetlamp ?

first PSU powers up to 11.86V… not great, but not terrible… (5 will easily get me to 12S voltage)

are you kidz interested in a blow by blow adventure in this thread, or make a different thread for this PSU (it’s not rocket science, just watch Lamp’s vid, and read a bit, and it’s pretty easy~peasy, or just fukkoff and post pix when it’s done, or just fukkoff?

2 Likes

My vote.

3 Likes

Step by step in the words of the k00k in this thread sounds ideal.

4 Likes

Noob question - what is a power supply like this used for…? :flushed:

2 Likes

in this instance, we’re using it to supply charging voltage/amperage to PEV batteries…
with the converter you can adjust the voltage and the amperage… that is the complete sum and total of my knowledge

I can also use it to charge kwads, and a known voltage/amperage bench power supply

and the GF has NEEDS for high amps

4 Likes

So an adjustable charger👍

3 Likes

If you get the 50amp converter. It’s almost a battery standin. Good for bench tests

@rosco , yes. Adjustable across 20s and does 20a… it’s a super cost effective answer to high amp charging. I can charge enough for my roundtrip commute in a little over 20 minutes

4 Likes

the brown truck arrived with my first 6 PSUs, I ordered N750P power supplies and received 4 Z750Ps and 2 N750BBs

the 24 x 6 connectors and pinouts are the same… verified…
I powered each one up to verify working condition.

the pinout I found online and used was:

I made some push fit wire connectors out of a 2S balance plug and reverified working condition.

You have to connect pin A1 to ground and B6 to ground to get her to fire up, and B2 to ground to lower the fan speed… If you do this you have to experience the roar of the full speed fan at least once…

taking apart the Z750Ps was pretty simply and straight forward, except for the two screws at the fan end:

They used some green loctite and it was evil… 1/2 the screws didn’t wanna come out and i drilled them out. The other half snapped of coming out…

The only other slight obstacle was the fan connector

There are 3 screws holding down the DC PCB… The two at the connector end both connect to the chassis and need isolation… The one in the center of the board doesn’t connect to ground, but I left out that screw as well

I slid the DC PCB out and flipped it over on the chassis

I’ve seen lots of ways to connect the pins, but with the PCB free and accessable, i solder bridged A1 and B2 to B1 (ground) and B6 to the main DC ground

And since I had a million nylon screws and nutz from kwads i used those to isolate the DC ground from the chassis

Continuity checked all the adjacent pins, and the pin end at the 24 x 6 connector, added a bit of neutral cure silicone around the solder bridged and added some adhesive fish paper…

When installing the PCB back into the chassis be aware of the guides in the back near the AC PCB.

I didn’t reuse any of the screws to secure the PCB
6 screws came out of the chassis case, i put 4 back in… The PCB seems secure enough. And the chassis seems solid.

Then double triple check that the DC PCB is isolated from the chassis and fire her up…

Next up is the DC end.

2 Likes

I have been in such datacenters. I bring ear plugs.

2 Likes

Holy crap that’s an awesome way to do it. Better than I did myself. I love the nylon screw thing. I thought the same but just didn’t have any.

Did you try putting them in series yet?

3 Likes

Thanks!!! it was pretty simple, and I got really, really good at bridging the pins… almost an expert after 6 of these bastards!
:rofl:

I bought one of those macho-combo amazon kits when I first got into kwads, and then I found out nylon screws and stand-offs were not such a great idea, they were in the bottom of the kwad drawer… fish-paper is undoubtedly sufficient, but this is:

The Last Power Supply You’ll Ever Need

not yet, but I have all the parts and pieces, I’m workin’ on something unique…

but I have plenty of time Re the controller:

Order Number:

The seller has shipped your order

Reminder:

Your order should arrive within 35-35 Days, Factors such as delayed logistics and customs clearings may have an impact on the delivery time.

1. If your order does not arrive on 2020-12-19 , you can apply for a refund by opening a dispute.
2 Likes

Oof. Well here’s hoping it doesn’t get pushed back! Good luck!

3 Likes

I have been using server power supplies to power my DC chargers for decades.
The power supply of choice has been the HP DPS 1200FB
1200w of power. Their fans are small and are howling though.

Less powerful but also less noisy and probably more reliable are the HP DPS 600PB

5 Likes

So I actually had a couple of these on my bench at some point. Basically yeah fan is too loud and I didn’t find a fast way of turning them down

2 Likes

1200w is a lot to play with :thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow::smirk_cat:

2 Likes

@k00k let’s see this

3 Likes