The Sandbox

When you fuck with people who have unquestionable integrity. Oof.

14 Likes

Wow…

Ps: said this on esk8news yesterday, potter actually does personally own the trademark for “focbox”. It is literally the only trademark/copyright material he has under his personal name
Jeff says the logical thing was for enertion to own it, but we’ve seen Jason isn’t quite…logical. was a smart move though

7 Likes

Except trademarks and copyrights are two very different things.

Jason doesn’t understand the law well enough to even pull off this latest fabrication.

10 Likes

Simply meant it as he doesn’t personally own anything else whether it be trademarks or copyrights. I tried finding out who currently owns the copyright for the unity design but to no avail. Could it be possible that with the deletion of all the files, that copyright was voided?

It can’t be “up for grabs” so to speak? Can’t be that easy that’s for sure

I don’t design or create anything worthy of being legally protected so I’m limited by what I can read and understand in my books and online

6 Likes

Any legal system worth their salt would view Enertion as the copyright & IP holder. The Gerbers and production files are absolutely a part of this.

The fact that he failed to secure his companies IP is no one’s fault but his own, but irrelevant as had he done this it would not even prevent what he’s doing now.

Imagine you work for Apple. Apples goes out of business, but you still have the contact info for one of the factories that made the iPad, and while they don’t have the source files and neither do you, they can still pump out the existing production design. So you send them money and they send you iPads that you don’t legally have the right to manufacture.

Do you have authority or permission to do this? Absolutely not. It would be considered direct theft of Apple assets.

That is exactly what is happening here.

Oh and in regards to the Unity, Aus law would have granted Enertion automatic protections just be listing & selling it as a product. The EU has similar protections that TRAMPA has called on too.

11 Likes

So this would mean that liquidation firm that took over enertion owns it indefinitely?

4 Likes

IANAL, but my understanding is that they would be the steward of it until it is sold to a buyer.

In this case the contact information for the manufacturer that has the production files + tooling already setup would be the assets they should have if they don’t have the source files. I’m guessing the former was never divulged to them though, as you can see the former Enertion CEO has continued to do business through them.

6 Likes

Sucks to be them

Once again, sucks to be them

5 Likes

Cheers guys :love_you_gesture:

11 Likes

What’s with the like wars between Al and Tamatoa?

9 Likes

I’m determined to reign supreme as the like slut here.

12 Likes

Dude they are just fuckin like that, don’t ask me.

Islanders, sheesh.

10 Likes

Someone raised the max likes per days to 100 :triumph:.

7 Likes

just checked…

nope

doesn’t even appear on my give-a-fukk meter…

6 Likes

Anyways @Andrew i found this deck that could be your size just need to loose the crap that’s on top, find wider hypertrucks and 11”-13” wheels

5 Likes

@Andrew You finally made it to the big leagues! Finally getting the recognition this project deserves. :joy: And I think you might have a new fan. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Thanks Shawn I’ve been doing my best to avoid acknowledging that exists.

We live in the weirdest of fucking timelines.

13 Likes

It’s kind of like having that creepy uncle congratulating you on having a nice toned body.

16 Likes

Speaking from experience?

7 Likes

Thankfully no, I don’t have a nice toned body

8 Likes