The "Talk me out of this" thread

Tell me I don’t need a bigger battery to get rid of my range anxiety.

3 Likes

you dont need a bigger battery to get rid of your range anxiety

4 Likes

Don’t listen to Wan, he’s a chronic liar. You absolutely need a bigger battery.

Do I really need adjustable baseplates for matrix ii and sweet sweet etoxx hubs?

2 Likes

Shit yeah you do, @glyphiks.
That’s the setup right there :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I know. You guys are gonna need to bring your A game to talk me out of this one.

1 Like

Thinking of building this asymmetric battery layout for this deck. I’m just not feeling how close a square or rectangle layout gets to my ankles, this opens up a ton of foot space for my personal style of stance. I prefer to ride without bindings, but will use them occasionally. Only downside I’m seeing is a slight weight distribution imbalance on the toe side of the deck. Will be custom building a fiberglass enclosure for it. What I like most about the layout is when I’m just casually riding I’m generally leading with both feet toes forward, which this shape accommodates nicely. If I happen to install the bindings it also accommodates my rear foot with toes pointing rearwards. Good idea? Terrible idea?

4 Likes

I like it. If building an enclosure to suit isn’t gonna be an issue I think this is a sweet idea.

It won’t take long for your body to recognize and adapt to the weight imbalance, to me that is a non issue.

3 Likes

Cheers glyphics. Yeah I’m not really stressing the off kilter weighty thing, I doubt it will translate to much if any handling issues. I suppose a guy could even play with the shock block preload on the one side if it seems to effect things,

2 Likes

Please elaborate @Wandagoner. Are you referring to me mentally accepting my small battery limitations and only ride routes close to home? Or are you implying there are VESC settings I can adjust and still get the same torque/top speed I enjoy today, riding the same terrain with same motors and wheels?

With 6x2 pneumies I could only get 3 miles away from home before needing turning around or accept I’m pushing the rest of the way. With TB110s I rode 9 miles before needing to recharge yesterday. Based on the esk8 calc, I had hoped to get at least 15 miles with this 10s3p 30Q battery.

Then there is accepting my fat ass is another variable, but a much harder variable to adjust…

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGwnEZ3JnGO/?igshid=z6h58np3vubr

Question answered :point_up:

4 Likes

Turns out I talked myself out of it… just blew a large chunk of cash on more vacuum equipment and battery building supplies.

Will need to save some more :rofl:

Those green ones tho :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I agree on those green ones, might be a Christmas gift for me…

@glyphiks what about some bartering, shipping costs pending of course. I have some lightly used etoxx adjustable baseplates and I understand you are looking to offload a stormcore.

1 Like

I like your thinking… but even brand new, the baseplates are less than half the cost of a new stormcore.

I’m not desperate to offload the stormcore. If it doesn’t sell for asking price I’m happy to hold onto it. For now…

Oh, I didn’t mean straight up trade, I’d pay you the difference. If you still have a set of YoBis baseplates you don’t need, I’m still looking for a set as well.

1 Like

My precious…

Hi Ross.

You might need a ramp to clear that… that being said where is it I’ll build one haha.

2 Likes

I can only arrive so many times!

Volcom stone?

Hey dude