The "Talk me out of this" thread

Yeah I’m pretty sure that’s ONE of their requirements.

Was thinking about stiffening a deck with steel/aluminum rail/pipe on the sides of the board.

Terrible idea?

Not sure it’s a great one… :thinking:
Why?
How are you going to fasten it?
For it to be effective the connections need to transfer loads well between the two.

You’d be much better off using fibreglass or carbon

Yeah I know it would be better to use fiberglass, I just don’t have the safety equipment or space for good ventilation when working with the stuff.

Not to mention I’d likely have to bulk buy the materials. $$$

With thick walled metal tube with the ends flattened to be secured at the ends of the deck. If the deck flexes so must the metal.

Just was wondering because the beercan decks use a similar system to prevent bending in the aluminum of their decks.

Seen a guy use a carbon fiber hockey stick in the center of his deck. Worked great actually. It’s knuckle pick time…:metal::call_me_hand:

1 Like

Or do like koolwheel does with springs between the enclosure and deck.

I’m considering buying a meepo v3 as it’s currently on sale for 320€ and will be shipped from Germany (to germany)

My main reason: speed.
The hubs and hobbywing esc i have just top out at 36-38km/h

2 Likes

the value is just crazy, get it xD

on my current build just the 2 motors cost more :rofl:

1 Like

I will always own one production untouched board, and if my Exway ever dies, this would be the replacement. You won’t regret it.

3 Likes

the biggest problem i have is meepo still using their abominal Pu that cracks/wears super easy. Same with the metal motor cover. All the picutres i’ve seen of motors that look worse with 500 miles than mine after 4000. Like this

image image
My plan would be to upgrade each board i have

My Wowgo board and my tayto
All parts from my wowgo (hubs and wowgo 3 esc) will be transfered to the tayto and the stronger meepo parts replace the wowgo parts.

so meepo to wowgo, wowgo to tayto.

Then I’d have a useless spare deck, useless front truck and wheels + useless battery and esc cover from the meepo board.

@BillGordon

1 Like

hmm…meepo might convinced bme not to buy it.

It seems like they cap the top speed depending on if you take the normal or extended ramhe battery.

24 vs 28mph.

I have no need for the bigger battery for a 150€ premium. So why spend the extra mula

I like having spares, though. Not having enough spare ESCs fucked me up until I was saved by a buddy.

1 Like

Oh, that’s a bummer. Might be down to the 40T cells in the EXT batt. That would cool off my interest as well.

1 Like

i would say its more of a “buy the more expensive option” to get the better board.

that tbh is keeping me from buying it. I contacted the support and asked if i can get get higher speed one with the board. Let’s see.

1 Like

Maybe also ask to get 100mm sleeves instead of 90.

1 Like

Done already :slight_smile: Also awaiting reply

2 Likes

May I offer some priceless advice regarding wheel covers?

1 Like

17fc89da63b8a1e2cee12b5574ec0b58 (1)

1 Like