Imperial Hex 1/4 inch bits
Other boring bits from Wiha

This genius looking t handle

Hope Wiha doesn’t let me down here :joy:

5 Likes

Imma tool and nobody gets me. :sob:. :joy::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

just picked this up

There is 3 of each bit, and if you loose all 3 they sell a replacement pack :+1:

11 Likes

This is my other new fun tool

11 Likes

I got this a while ago, but only just got around to setting it up. It works and the pot holds vacuum, i’m just worried the pump might be a bit too powerful for my resin infusion line :grimacing:

Still gotta drill a hole in pot lid for the infusion line, but i’m almost ready for my first vacuum infusion🥰

8 Likes

Don’t drill a hole that’s a perfectly good vac-chamber! Just use the connector, or directly on to the pump, no? :thinking: am I missing something?

The vac chamber works fine! But I want to use it as a catch pot for resin infusion as well.

This means i need another hole for the resin exit line. After receiving some advice from @CLUNT, i think I will drill this additional hole into the steel pot rather than the lid.

Damon, do you know if I can use the pressure relief valve on the lid of the chamber to regulate vacuum pressure if the vacuum collapses my infusion lines?

Or is there a special kind of regulator I can get?

5 Likes

Gotcha. I use a vac-chamber all the time, it just seems blasphemous to put a hole in one. You could use this for your silicone molding too. If you put a connection in, make sure you can block it off so you can still use your chamber as a de-gasser again. Or get a duplicate and have one for each job.

The regulator and valves should work for you the way they are.

When you do your silicone mold think about brushing a few layers of rubber inside your pot so any resin won’t stick. Kinda custom no stick liner thing.

3 Likes

Yep the plan is to drill a hole slightly smaller than the infusion tube, squeeze infusion tube through and seal both sides with tacky tape. After infusion is complete, tube should be full of resin and can just be left there as a plug… ghetto, but saves disposable connectors

2 Likes

Infusion, you don’t really need resin to exit all way to the catch pot. It’s more of a back up.
It might, but also might not, depending on when you clamp the lines etc.
plugging a hole in pot probably not too hard.

3 Likes

I want one of those tiny electric screwdrivers. Not for any good reason except that they’re cool

4 Likes

My buddy got this and the stubby magnetic bit driver. They are both excellent. Not the best for getting into tight spots though. Especially recessed bolt holes. Need long neck bits for that.

But otherwise, totally genius and very high quality.

4 Likes

Happy so far

10 Likes

I really want to get a good welder under 500euro.
Preferably TIG so I can do aluminium too.
Any recommendations? @Savage1 maybe?

2 Likes

That’s be pushing it for TIG. At least over here.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, TIG, Good, and under 500euro I don’t think go together. You might look eastwood or amico, they cheap, but I’ve never used one. I prefer Miller. They are the best IMO. I’m no real welder by the way.
This is what I use, its a combo TIG MIG and stick.

It’s about $2800 though🤨 You get a used miller MIG only for under $500 for sure. (miller cricket)
welding aluminum takes a lot of practice. I suck at it

6 Likes