Tutorial Requests

Please do.

3 Likes

Request:

Micro or arc carving tutorial/video. I have heard that doing arc carving helps keep the speed wobbles at bay while riding channel trucks at higher speeds but cannot envision how this is accomplished
@Andrew

5 Likes

Request

Cosmetic deck lamination or “skinning” . I am familiar with the process as it is done with surfboards but am interested in what successes folks have had with adding a graphic or other items to their decks. Here are the components i think are involved but would love to see a skilled craftsman talk though or show the best practices for success.

Components
Poly Resin
Fabric Satin seems to work best for vivid colors
Clear Coat
Glass Frit

7 Likes

On it! I’ve been wanting to make one of these for quite some while.

I’ll even bust out a stick camera.

9 Likes

Requests

~Vesc Tool Tutorial~

~HFI Tutorial~ - I know Jeff has made one here https://youtu.be/kaFeAjzTqfc but it would be cool to see if anybody else has a different take on it

~Battery Design~ - I have wanted to create a tutorial like this for some time now. I will get to it eventually, would love to see one from @Benjamin

It would be awesome if we could see tutorials on the same subject from different users… like I could do a skinning tutorial and @Lee_Wright could do one as well… that way people can get some different perspectives on stuff.

Edit:

Underline text tutorial - apparently I am incapable of simple text editing.

13 Likes

BRO I just copy you so :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

I second this. I feel like I can make a battery but want a solid tutorial to go off of. @Benjamin makes some gorgeous packs.

8 Likes

I bet you I’m a whole lot rougher than you :joy:

3 Likes

I have read up a bit on this and have done it once.

Turned out reasonably well, but I can’t profess to be expert at it.

Haven’t ridden that deck since tho so can’t report on grip levels, it’s sharp as fuck tho so could maybe be too much.

Pic:

Could document what I did, if anyone is interested, but I would be keen to see a tutorial from others with more experience in it.

10 Likes

I’m thinking more a tutorial on the actual design of the battery, rather than a build tutorial. But build tutorials are also cool

8 Likes

wow that looks great! would love to see/read about your process. i like what @glyphiks mentioned about showing alternate ways to skin the same cat. also interested to hear how well your frit holds up over time. i’ve heard some, even done by professionals, have do not hold as well we would hope.

8 Likes

Yeah I’d consider that a pretty important part of a battery build tutorial :woozy_face:

6 Likes

I think i could make that happen :smiley:

Awe yall are too nice :slight_smile:

How do you mean? Like planning out a battery?

9 Likes

Yeah, calculating current draw and planning nickel/connections accordingly, planning shape and layout, flex/no flex, where to insulate, balance wire layout, common constraints/problems and how to overcome these etc…

Probably focusing more on the reasons of why you do things the way you do, rather than how

11 Likes

Thats a bunch of great points. Those are things that have a lot fewer explanations out there. There’s plenty of pictures of perfectly constructed packs to base your build on, but not knowing why everything is done the way it is done is how you end up with fishpaper rings on your negative terminals coughpsychotillercough

8 Likes

Also, i’m gonna need a tiny text tutorial :joy:

6 Likes

Someone please write a tutorial on how to make one of those CC/CV chargers using a DPSXXXX and PSU…

@Scepterr :grinning: maybe I’ll buy one of those awesome battery packs you have for sale that I can charge with a CC/CV charger.

10 Likes

CNC tutorials all the way from designing the model to building out the CAM and cutting that bitch out…

Looking at you guys @ducktaperules and @Lee_Wright

6 Likes

Lol you literally just slap it together :clap: The only thing I second guessed was connecting mains to the AC/DC converter. Don’t judge, shits secure aight… :skull_and_crossbones::rofl:

If you get the following parts it’s more or less screw together plug n play, by far the easiest solution.

I second this. There are plenty examples of what to do but not necessarily why. A list of reputable sources of parts would be amazing as well! Nickel especially I’ve found can be hit or miss unless it’s from a known, trusted source.

8 Likes

Yes please lol remember when I asked for it, o wait that was a month ago hahaha

jesus dude don’t start a house fire

5 Likes