Tutorial Requests

Lol you literally just slap it together :clap: The only thing I second guessed was connecting mains to the AC/DC converter. Don’t judge, shits secure aight… :skull_and_crossbones::rofl:

If you get the following parts it’s more or less screw together plug n play, by far the easiest solution.

I second this. There are plenty examples of what to do but not necessarily why. A list of reputable sources of parts would be amazing as well! Nickel especially I’ve found can be hit or miss unless it’s from a known, trusted source.

8 Likes

Yes please lol remember when I asked for it, o wait that was a month ago hahaha

jesus dude don’t start a house fire

5 Likes

Is this about long wide carves to just barely keep the trucks on one side? if so I can try to make a video. Its how I ride to work every day…

6 Likes

however you do it, i need to learn and up my game.

6 Likes

ok yeah. lemme give it a wirl tomorrow morning. Its gonna be impromtu but it will help this place grow!

5 Likes

you just need to have a power supply that’s atleast 1.1x V higher than the highest voltage you want to output. Highest voltage varies by model, and there are diff max amp variations 5,15,20A. The 5A variants have a higher voltage accuracy, .001, vs .01 on the others. My personal favorite for portability is the DPS8005, for home use the DPM8616

7 Likes

Going to PM you for a cool idea. Give me a minute to loop in the Mods.

6 Likes

So I assume youre talking about a proper bench supply, low ripple, high amps and decent (%80) efficiency from the wall. I built something akin to that. its either a 96v/20 or a 60v/50a setup. I will happily do a write up now that i know theres interest.
spoiler, its dead simple

11 Likes

Same. I’ve ridden my mini carver twice and still don’t have the swerve. Learn me up, homies.

4 Likes

do it… and don’t be askeered…

i wanna make a “cost effective” 20s 4amp to 10s 4amp and mix some 12s 10amp in…

is that shit possible… can a k00k make one?

6 Likes

Could you please do a write up. I would really appreciate it. I’m interested in this setup (bench power supply?) rather than having a dedicated charger.

Not an electrical engineer, so I struggle a lot with this kind of stuff.

7 Likes

alright I guess I know what this weekend will be about…

Simply put, theres the wrong way (AC ground removal) and the right way (DC isolation) and the easier way is the right way. If you wanna hit up parts for cheap, and that will work %100 grab at least 5 of the dell z750P, and and either one of these for 96v (22s) or this for 60v (14s) at 50amps

Pick your poison, 20s proof or charge at ridiculous rates.

Its honestly dead simple. my EE master’s has nothing to do with it :slight_smile:

there are other ways to do this, and I will explain in the tutorial, but if youre in a time crunch these parts will allow you to build a KiloWatt supply in less than a day

12 Likes

honestly charging an esk8 is the most fear I have about esk8… if you can write a k00k-proof tutorial…

I’d contribute to your fansonly.com webpage!!!

10 Likes

Fuck yeah my dood! I may forgo my previous recommendation and wait for your tutorial :heart_eyes:

Actually on second thoughts, based on the voltage of those dell power supplies I assume you’re simply wiring them all in series, isn’t that risky as fuck?

5 Likes

4 Likes

It is and it isn’t. If you do it the right way it’s totally safe.

5 Likes

Lies! It gives you the confidence to know that what you’re doing isn’t horribly horribly wrong…

6 Likes

Tutorial Request

Fume Extraction Techniques

6 Likes

Does blowing on it while you are soldering counts?

6 Likes

Lol. Yes.

6 Likes